Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New computer

Default New computer

I'm trying to install Xara on a new computer (which replaces another that died) but all I can find is a link to purchase the program, which I've already done. Can anyone provide a link? (I've been through this before, but I can't find the old instructions.)
    IP

Default Re: New computer

Correction, it looks like the program is installed, now I'm trying to get it registered and delete the old computer. Once again, I seem to only find web pages asking me to purchase the program. New computers are sure a pain in the a__.
    IP

assuming you are not using pro+, but magix version:

you will need to logon to your magix account using the email you used when you purchaed it, where you can download the program installer

you can do this at magix.com
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

ok which version is it - you should be able to deactivate the old computer from your magix account and get your activation code
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I think you have found the previous thread beat me to it...
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I'm a reasonably bright person, I've been using a computer for 20+ years, I use Xara almost every day for various tasks (by profession I'm an artist/printmaker) but trying to get Xara installed in my new computer is a total mess. I went through this before, you'd think that Magix would find some way to avoid this frustration and allow me to simply cancel the old machine and install the program on the new. Are those guys total idiots?!!! I'm beginning to think that maybe I should just go back to Illustrator. I first used Xara back when it was Corel Draw and I've used it ever since - I'm the epitome of a dedicated user. Why can't Magix just have a link somewhere that allows someone like me to press it and install the program on my new computer and delete it from the old. The whole experience is a total mess. Is all of this stupidity due to Magix or is in inherent in Xara, or maybe the folks ensconced in Gaddesden Place simply don't care what happens to users or maybe they don't ever use their own program. I don't know but this situation is intolerable. (Did I mention that I PAID real money so as to be able to go through this frustration?)
    IP

can you log onto your magix account?

it is quite easy to do what you want there

I don't know of any worthwhile paid for program, and that includes adobe/illustrator, that does not require a login to switch, either from within the program or as is the case with magix, externally [unless you are using a really old version]

and to be fair, with xara you are actually allowed more than one install at the same time
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

ok it's an hour and a quarter after midnight here I'm away - you can always use chat on xara.com, but I don't think you'll get a reply before the morning UK time
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Xara products that you previously bought (not Plus or the new Xara perpetual) should be available in the Magix Service Center as they have been for many years. For these products, any account, license, activation, and installation issues are still supported by Magix as these products rely on their systems and technologies. Xara offers product feature support during an active Magix update service.

https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/
    IP