Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BUT IS IT ART?

Default Re: BUT IS IT ART?

nicely put egg
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

We are still in the early stages of AI created art.

But Egg is correct about the clocks. Here are two attempts to get all clocks to display 9:37
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gwpriester_18291_10_different_kinds_of_clocks_some_antique_some_c45b3095-de51-48f2-8c5f-4ecee547.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	134184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OIG.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	134185  

And as well as often having the wrong number of hands and big issues displaying the roman numeral IV for 4 o'clock for some reason whilst managing IX for 9 without much problem.

However it blows my 10 to 2 theory to dust.

I had to add the 10s & 6d label!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	134191  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 October 2023 at 06:19 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

New Data Poisoning Tool Lets Artists Fight Back Against Generative ai

Article on Slashdot that was very interesting. Thought it might fit in with this conversation.

https://slashdot.org/story/23/10/24/...-generative-ai

sunland

Love it. Thanks for posting from your fellow Nuevo Mexicano, Bookmarked. — Gary

That's refreshing news Sunland.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I wonder how soon this will be available. It sounds great though of course there has been so much material scraped already.

Glaze, developed by the same team that is working on Nightshade have a product called Glaze, in beta that does much the same thing. 500MB file size. https://glaze.cs.uchicago.edu/what-is-glaze.html

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I wonder how soon this will be available. It sounds great though of course there has been so much material scraped already.
    If you read the article and the considered Comments then I wouldn't hold your breath. The processes have not yet been peer reviewed; others have already worked out counter strategies; the billions of images so far scraped will not be affected; you may just be adding noise to your image; lawyers have already argued there is no copyright infringement, citing fair use.

If you were to go down this rabbit hole and present using a Xara product, you would have to check every image section is covered by it or has a watermark. Quite difficult, especially if using HighSlide.js.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Is it fair use to scrape every one of Stephen King's novels? Or everyone of Margarete Atwood's novels?

Fair Use is a very weak argument and generally refers to non-commercial use. I see an image of yours on the web, I download it for a class project. But if I download that image of yours and repackage it as my image — even with a few modifications (this happens all the time with our images being offered as NFTs) then that is a copyright violation.

But yes, these apps amount to locking the barn door after the horses have been stolen. It would have to be going forward. If there is any going forward at this point.