Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't buy xara anymore?

Google translator
    hello,
    Can't buy xsara anymore?
    I was going to update my version 17 to 19...is it not possible anymore?
    Last edited by gwpriester; 19 July 2023 at 02:54 PM. Reason: correct spelling of Xara

Default Re: Can't buy xsara anymore?

sorry, it is not possible to update to ver 19

magix have stopped selling it

xara only sell the suscription service pro+ [ver 23]

you can get information about upgrade discounts to the subscription model here : https://www.xara.com/welcome/ - by completing the section: GET YOUR DISCOUNT NOW

but if you do not want to keep paying every year, then there are now no other options
    Last edited by handrawn; 09 July 2023 at 08:35 AM. Reason: fix link
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello,

There are resellers that have v. 18:
    https://www.downloadbuyer.com/MAGIX_...5D/4346/7991/v

Best,

Lex

interesting... that site has some mixed reviews on the web....

would that update to ver 19 ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Hello,
    There are resellers that have v. 18:
    https://www.downloadbuyer.com/MAGIX_...5D/4346/7991/v
    Best, Lex
    Lex, thank you for the Link.

I have concerns.
    No opportunity for just buying an Upgrade.
    No idea if Magix will honour and offer the latest, i.e., V19.
    No testimonials.
    The site offers, @#5, MAGIX Xara Designer Pro X 2020, which seems to be the same but far cheaper.
    eBay offer this last one even more cheaply, from downloadbuyer. eBay is probably safer...

All too random. I would contact Magix and ask if it is supporting any resellers for Xara products.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Been away for a bit, and am sympathizing with the apparent sadness and confusion regarding recent business developments. I've read all the threads now, on this, and have one question- using our best intuition and experience, are we assuming Xara v24 desktop product will rise triumphantly from the ashes and shock the world in October? Or are the sober, grizzled veterans in the forum here thinking Xara pro desktop is, and/or will almost-certainly be, 'abandonware'? (Not talking cloud) (Don't like nor care about cloud, as is the case with many I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallis View Post
    Been away for a bit, and am sympathizing with the apparent sadness and confusion regarding recent business developments. I've read all the threads now, on this, and have one question- using our best intuition and experience, are we assuming Xara v24 desktop product will rise triumphantly from the ashes and shock the world in October? Or are the sober, grizzled veterans in the forum here thinking Xara pro desktop is, and/or will almost-certainly be, 'abandonware'? (Not talking cloud) (Don't like nor care about cloud, as is the case with many I know)
    Tallis, there will be a v24. There is no imperative to have it appear in October. If not a new version, as Xara is not longer tied to the Magix major version release, regardless of content, then continuing feature additions and upgrades should happen as normal.

Xara Cloud uses the same underlying engine that the Desktop has. Xara Cloud cannot replace the Plus versions as it is still cannot achieve the Desktop functionality.
    No company would just cut off its revenue base, oh wait.

Acorn - can an acorn be grizzled? I would also wonder about mangy as then I would be a Mity Acorn.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hmm. I too am looking at "upgrading". I have the Magix version 18.

It would be incredibly disappointing if Xara went to a subscription-only model.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortilon View Post

It would be incredibly disappointing if Xara went to a subscription-only model.
    'Magix v18' is primarily a Xara product; as a result of the Magix/Xara distribution agreement ending some FAQs (and answers) have been posted on the Magix website: https://www.magix.com/gb/support/mag...-distribution/.

Xara is today a subscription only licence; it becomes a personal judgement whether you want to buy into the latest Plus versions, or are happy to stay on the older versions - IMO, there is not a lot of difference between Magix v18 & Magix v19.

I went down the upgrade route with Magix - money-wise, there was not a lot of difference between the Magix annual update fee and the Xara annual subscription fee (when you looked at the Xara incentive deals). When Magix and Xara recently parted company, I opted to go the Plus route with Xara, but still retain my v19 installs. I found Xara open to discussing on-boarding with them and it maybe worthwhile having the similar discussion.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Vortilon View Post
    Here is what was included in the 'upgrade' to version 19: https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...-0-release.htm. And here are the release notes for this upgrade: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro-x19/. And version 19.0.1, which is the latest version of the Magix-Xara editions of XDP, seems to have added nothing at all (at least, there are no release notes or the like for it).