Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well. I know this topic has come up a few times but the forum serch facility doesnt work so...

I have a file of the correct pixel dimensions with both bitmaps and vectors in it. I need to export both to a Flash project. Exporting the bitmaps is fine, it is the exporting the vectors as swf's that I am having trouble with. I just cant seem to get them the right size even If I use scaling (1pix to 0.75pix)
    For example: A 300pix wide shape (without scaling) opens in flash as 225pix
    The same shape with the above scaling comes in at erm...225pix.
    Any one got any hints tips or suggestions?

Well. I know this topic has come up a few times but the forum serch facility doesnt work so...

I have a file of the correct pixel dimensions with both bitmaps and vectors in it. I need to export both to a Flash project. Exporting the bitmaps is fine, it is the exporting the vectors as swf's that I am having trouble with. I just cant seem to get them the right size even If I use scaling (1pix to 0.75pix)
    For example: A 300pix wide shape (without scaling) opens in flash as 225pix
    The same shape with the above scaling comes in at erm...225pix.
    Any one got any hints tips or suggestions?

Hi Dave,

The problem is due to Xara using the Windows standard of 96 pixel per inch and Flash using the Mac standard of only 72 pixel per inch. Increase the dimension in Xara by multiplying by 1.333 and then export. Flash should have the correct dimension when you import.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank's Bill. I had thought that I could do something with the scaling factor. What I didn't notice was that all it does is change your measurements in the workspace so that you still have to rescale them before export. I suppose this is ok if you start a doc with the scaling active but no help at all if you have bitmaps AND vectors to export.
    It would be nice if Xara could automatically sort this out for swf export.

Dave
    There's a template I created to fix this problem. You can find it here It's under Xara to Flash Same Size Export Template.
    There is an issue with bitmap exports however. You can create a bitmap in the template and export it to swf and it will retain it's dimensions. But due to the 72 / 96 ppi issue the bitmap file size is larger than is really required. I always export bitmaps via swf sepeately from a Xara standard template, then resize the bitmap in Flash to match Xara's pixel size.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cheers Egg.
    I have already got your template but I guess it only really works if I start the project using it. I created my work without scaling and then switched it on for export.

I suppose in future what I will work as normal (no scaling) and come export time I'll save my bitmaps as png's and then scale up my vectors for swf export by 133.33%. I can then assemble everything in Flash hopefully at the correct size.