Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multiple Parallax Images.

I ask this question expecting the answer to be "no", but is it possible to have more than one parallax image on a web page?

I have a web page with two parallax images on different parts of the page, but only the first image appears in both places.

Thanks.

= Steve

Default Re: Multiple Parallax Images.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    I ask this question expecting the answer to be "no", but is it possible to have more than one parallax image on a web page?
    I have a web page with two parallax images on different parts of the page, but only the first image appears in both places.
    Thanks. = Steve
    Steve, a test file will help us. I've just tried Scroll Animation > Parallax with two images and they work with different speeds.

Check their Image Filenames are different if you used any.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Steve, a test file will help us. I've just tried Scroll Animation > Parallax with two images and they work with different speeds.

Check their Image Filenames are different if you used any.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,

I have attached a work-in-progress template for a client.

Thanks,

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Steve, not knowing how you want the Parallax to present, I cannot give you a solution right off.

Your problem is you have set Parallax with no speed so the bottom image will never show and the top one just moves with the scroll at the same rate as the rest of the page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Michiel (Michael) Oosterhagen has not been able to log in to TG and has asked me to post his solution.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Acorn,

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Steve, not knowing how you want the Parallax to present, I cannot give you a solution right off.

Your problem is you have set Parallax with no speed so the bottom image will never show and the top one just moves with the scroll at the same rate as the rest of the page.

Acorn
    I like the effect of the first image where it is stationary while the foreground moves. I was trying to do the same thing with the second image but it appears it's not possible, so I have removed the animation from the second image.

= Steve

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Michiel (Michael) Oosterhagen has not been able to log in to TG and has asked me to post his solution.
    That's perfect -exactly what I was after!

Thank you Michiel and Gary!

= Steve

Steve, glad you've got you wanted. Michael has removed all Parallax effects and just included a Stick at Top for thr bottom image.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 13 June 2023 at 08:54 AM.

Ah, thanks to Gary I can finally add posts again.

Glad it worked for you Steve!

And, just a small post to say Hi again afetr two years of absence on this forum. Actually, Steve's question for help (and so many others the last years) helped me to return. This forum is a user base. It was one of the main strongholds for Xara. We (users) had a direct connection with the developers and through this forum the software developed and improved.
    BUt a while ago I decided to abstain from posting because the community changed and was getting personal.

Bit still; some user still have questions and face problems (challenges, so you will). It's our obligation to make this software work. Xara Designer Pro (plus or not) has a tremendous rendering engine, a fluid workflow and can produce top notch graphics. I see Inkscape closing in, I see shifts in the professional graphics world (who ever thought Illustrator would be challenged by Serif, few years ago...) and still the most prommissing of all is trailing in the field. IMHO Xara Designer is the Swiss Army knife of the graphics world. The one package every user should have for their graphic needs.

And yes, it can be even better. But in essence: Xara Designer is a powerhouse and a wonderful piece of software. And it's user should help each other and the developers should have feed back from it's users to go the way it should go.

I will occasionaly drop in to help and assist users. I'm from the Netherlands; we're sometimes very direct and English is not our first language. So please, in advance, forgive me my way of expressing myself. I'll try to avoid the intricacies of the Anglo-saxon use of language ("interestiing remark you make there, I will consider" as an answer really means: "you didn't understand, I won't go with it"). I'm here to help and improve/