Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xara Challenge

Hybrid View

For a number of months, I have been sitting back in the wings, watching and learning from all the Xara geniuses that generously contribute their art, ideas and knowledge to this forum. Thank you all!

Now for the challenge..... How about if someone comes up with a fictitous (made-up) name for a company and then people contribute their ideas for a logo? Maybe our resident logo guru, Mr. Priester would be willing to come up with the comapany name. I think it would be interesting to see all different ideas that everyone could come up with. Could be a great learning experience.

Gary?????

Orange Circle Design - suggests all sort of possibilities [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

you've got landscaping to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZitexLandscaping.gif 
Views:	293 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	14033  

Scott Adams was an adventure writer for C-64 computer.

Never refuse a challenge.

Name:	dew_drop.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	15624  

Ross,
    Thanks for moving the post over here. Personally I think DEW DROP INN sounds like a good company name to use for the challenge. I think this name will make coming up with a logo more difficult, which should add to the interest. Hum, lets see, Dew Drop Inn, ??? what could I do?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

DoKo - I hope you don't mind but I relocated this thread from the Xara Gallery Forum over here to the more general Xara X Forum. Seemed like a more appropriate place for it to me. Here it will likely get more participation.

Good idea for a challenge. What do you think of the names Dew Drop Inn?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The name 'Dew Drop Inn' conjures up the classic motel of which thousands sprung up throughout North America in the 50's and early 60's. So it is that my contribution looks like a motel sign. The logo that would be derived from the sign is I think not hard to imagine.

If you like things like motel signs then you'll enjoy one of my favorite websites. You can find it here.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Name:	dewdropinn.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1302  

For a number of months, I have been sitting back in the wings, watching and learning from all the Xara geniuses that generously contribute their art, ideas and knowledge to this forum. Thank you all!

Now for the challenge..... How about if someone comes up with a fictitous (made-up) name for a company and then people contribute their ideas for a logo? Maybe our resident logo guru, Mr. Priester would be willing to come up with the comapany name. I think it would be interesting to see all different ideas that everyone could come up with. Could be a great learning experience.

Gary?????