Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default OCC YouTube Widget does not work

Hi,

Xara DPX19

In the Online Content Catalog, Print & Web Components, Audio/Video, YouTube widget has not worked for a long time. Now it displays the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraDPX19 YT Widget not working.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	133388

I can understand it not working, but the message is ridiculous. No, I am not going to pay for plus just to get a widget that probably doesn't even work on +.

Has anyone raised this issue with Xara?

Actually, since it hasn't worked for a long time, if ever, they should either have fixed it or removed it.

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: OCC YouTube Widget does not work

Perhaps better to post this in the Dear Xara forum.

Don't we have a perennial Dear Xara that says "Fix the bugs?"

I'm sure that they know about this problem.

I gave up on this widget long ago and use the placeholder method. However, a new user on the Magix.info forum raised this issue and several more, so I thought that I would ask here if anyone had raised it with Xara. He is right, it should work and we should not get a message telling us to upgrade to a subscription.

We will raise a ticket with Magix.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

@John, the Widget does not work for me with v18 as this is still using the internalised version of Internet Explorer.

If you right-click on the widget in v19 and click Properties, if the pop-up shows the IE icon then v19 and earlier will all have the same issue.

What YouTube and other major companies now do is block IE access as it is a security risk to them and maintaining their sites to handle a legacy browser is very expensive.

Xara fixed this in Xara Plus versions but I agree to promote a feature that addresses a problem of their own making is wrong.
    Xara has had its solution since May last year...

I got round this will a 'microsoft-edge:' prefix in the XWR code but i dropped this when Xara introduced webview2 runtime.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ns-from-a-Link
    & fuller details for YT: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...336#post644336.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat