Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone have experience using Saola Animate?

Saola Animate seems like a nice application for doing keyframe animation, but I'm have trouble importing a simple page header I designed in Saola. Seems like there are two possible export routes for me to take now that my animation has been created:

1. HTML5 (which would deliver a greater number of animation options)
    2. MP4 Video (as the name implies, a simple video file that plays on page access.

TBH, I'd be fine with the basic MP4 video header. I can build the site's navigation experience around the animation using XDP+ without any trouble. However, when I attempt to import the MP4 into Xara Designer Pro+ it also includes the video control interface (start, stop, pause, mute, resize, etc.) by default without instructions on how to get rid of all the ancillary stuff. I don't want the clutter. I simply want the video to run on page access, unimpeded by any other controls.

I've tried changing several options in the Body section of the Placeholder properties, but to no avail.

Does anyone have experience using Saola Animate and Xara Designer Pro +? Is there an animation app out there that works better with XDP+. I'm open to all recommendations but would like to make sure it's pretty easy to use and provides very good interface support with Xara Designer Pro+.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Anyone have experience using Saola Animate?

Kevin, looks like Atomi have answered you embedding into XPro+, or other XDAs, by using an IFRAME.

For autoplaying MP4 without controls, open the Placeholder Body and delete 'controls'.

Curious, though, why you never commented on https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...done-using-XDP ?

Did you have to purchase Saola Animate (A) or is there a trial period?
    If so, I will have a look.

I imagine the principle difference between SA and GreenSock (GSAP) and my previously used animae.js, is SA relies on an animation being embedded into your design, whereas GSAP and animate.js are acting on the actual content of the design (including drags). Overall, these would be a better integration path.
    GSAP is probably double the price of SA and animate.js is free.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 25 October 2022 at 03:04 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Anyone have experience using Saola Animate?

I tried a trial of Saola Animate just out of interest about 8 months ago but it didn't have anything additional to SVGator which I'd already got.

Is there an animation app out there that works better with XDP+. I'm open to all recommendations but would like to make sure it's pretty easy to use and provides very good interface support with Xara Designer Pro+.
    I like SVGator a lot and it's being developed quite quickly. Still not up to Macromedia Flash but not far off regarding simple animation but you still can't have timelines embedded in timelines so I sometimes have to wing it a bit by placeing placeholders over placeholders.

It's good software but like all software it's not easy to use. Like all software there's a learning curve.

Here's an animation based on an idea you had asked for in another thread:

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host