Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

hi. i recently downloaded the trial versions of xarax and xara3d. my question concerns xarax. i've seen awesome creations people have made with xarax on the xaraxone, and wish i could do this. since it costs around $150, is it worth the money for me to buy it? do i need to be a graphics artist/engineer? i'm not. is there anyone who's created anything specatular i could see who doesn't have an art/graphics/design, whatever, background?
    thanks.

thanks for all the advice. i'm not technically inclined to create the things i've seen on xaraxone. i don't see myself creating anything even half-way fascinating. i still think i need a degree of some sort to turn something out i'd be proud to post. where can i find anything someone has made who has no knowledge of technical stuff (for lack of a better term?) can things like those on the xaraxone be created with the trial version of xarax?
    thanks, again.

try Garys tutorials in the XaraXone - he explains in great detail how to achieve good results with XX, in language that doesn't require a degree. Thats the way I learned, and I think no other program is as easy to learn as XX,
    Tony
    Tony

While some people just 'play' with XaraX - and produce wonderful and genuine art, there are many others, like myself, who use it as a simple tool.

I have to produce diagrams and straightforward illustrations - every graphic on my website has used XaraX as the main tool. For me XaraX is the modern version of the (ancient) Micrografx Draw - which was a lightweight vector tool - in about release 2 or 3.

XaraX is easy to learn and with blends and layers and transparency, and fancy fills, and its gif and jpg export, can do everything I want.

As with all software, it repays fairly frequent use - ie at least once a week - just to keep your hand in.

Just buy it and USE it!

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Several months ago I started a thread where forum participants explained their various careers. It is one of my all-time favorite threads because from it our community was able to see what a wonderfully diverse bunch of xarans we are.

You can find that thread here. Please do read through them. I'm sure you'll recognize many of the names from their many posts. Also know that in each person's profile it is possible to check out all their postings. It is quite possible to review the advances in an individual's xara skills through their postings.

I believe anyone with a computer can have good creative fun with Xara.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ross Macintosh:
    that has the hourglass bitmap fill and the custom brush edge - is absolutly beautiful!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you. But it was really one of the easiest things I did ... funny, though - I've had others comment on that object. I think it's the beautiful fill that does it; it's one of the fills supplied with Xara.
    I'll dig out that brush ... it's a very simple one, but I'll post it here in case someone likes it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I didn't know there was an online Xara course. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think I've seen the course mentioned on this forum before. I assumed it was OK to mention it (it is pretty relevant, after all) - I have no affiliation with the course provider other than having been a student there.
    If anyone would like more feedback about the course, I'm happy to provide it via personal email.

Regards,
    Britta

P.S.: Ross - I may be mad, but I'm not bad!<g>
    I'm just an old bat who is slightly mad ...
    Regards,
    Britta

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

that thing you did on page two of week three - that has the hourglass bitmap fill and the custom brush edge - is absolutly beautiful!!!

I didn't know there was an online Xara course. I see too that you immortilized Risto [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I'm new to Xara X, too and bought the program, because it is more intuitive to use than other programs and also just plain fun.

I'm still learning the basics, but it was a great help for me to do all the 2001/02 tutorials and also to have a look the Xara X tipps and tricks on this board.

One more reason I decided to buy Xara X (although I have FH which I stopped using since) were the people on this forum. If you have a question, ask, and I'm sure, you will find many people willing to give you advice.

hi. i recently downloaded the trial versions of xarax and xara3d. my question concerns xarax. i've seen awesome creations people have made with xarax on the xaraxone, and wish i could do this. since it costs around $150, is it worth the money for me to buy it? do i need to be a graphics artist/engineer? i'm not. is there anyone who's created anything specatular i could see who doesn't have an art/graphics/design, whatever, background?
    thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xarafan: can things like those on the xaraxone be created with the trial version of xarax?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure. I'm not aware of any limitation in scope or features in the trial version. Heck, they even generously allow you to download fills and clipart and whatnot from their server for you to use! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta