Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can't explain it in detail here, but basically I took the 2 original photoghraphs, resized the lower one to get it to align with the top one.
    After that the main problem was the different colour shading in the wall sections. I drew around the lower pipes/wall brackets and intersected it from the bottom photo. I did the same for the small section of "pump" to the right. I then created a cut out of the lower wall section.
    Finally by creating clones of the pipe sections, the lower one coloured blue, the upper one with just the bitmap fill had a transparency applied. You have to adjust the blue fill to get it to have a close colour to the pipes above. I added a drop shadow for the pipes wall shadows.
    The wall colouring gave me the biggest headache.
    Finally I added the large pipe (unseen) shadow.
    I'll attach the .xar file so you can pull it apart.
    By the way John how come your sometimes John with a an S and 212 posts sometimes and other just plain John with 320 posts?

Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

Thanks for the info and the file. John S and John: one represents the log-ins from work and the other from home.

Hi John and thanks for the info.
    I've produced a tutorial on how I created the coloured image. You can find it here
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

job of explaining and illustrating the procedure!

For anyone who has photos they want to stitch together, Egg's methodology will be very helpful.

Also, when taking the photos, be aware of the objects in the foreground and background and how moving the camera from shot to shot affects their perspective. Generally speaking, the further away the primary objects are the easier the stitching process. Because of the proximity of things in this example, as Egg has described in the above link, a lot rotating and stretching functions were required.

Thanks again, Egg.