Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The following might be the basis for a challenge.

I was given two color digital photos and was asked to "stitch" them together. They were taken in extremely close quarters under artificial light. As you can see the difference in aiming the camera at a slightly different target caused a significant difference in color even though they were taken at the same time.

The two pictures below are the originals before editing. My goal was to use XARA ONLY (no photo editing program)!

Firstly, I decided I couldn't get the overall colors to match between the two so I converted them to gray scale (in XARA). I know, a cop-out.

Then I "trimmed" several portions of the photos using Arrange > Combine > Intersect. I modified the pieces via stretching, flipping, rotating, skewing, the perspective mould tool, transparencies, and applying various shades of gray to the bitmap fills .... trying to get a seamless composite.

Finally, I grouped everything and put them into a clipview and exported the clipview to get the gray scale image below. Its far from perfect but I was surprised in what did work ... particularly the lower left corner of the composite (the hose and the left half of a pump) where there was nothing in the original photo.

So, if anyone is interested, here is my challenge. Get two or more bitmaps and see how successfully you can stitch them together ONLY USING XARA X and try not to depend upon too many vector objects. And try not to pick images that too easy : )
    Attached Images Attached Images

The following might be the basis for a challenge.

I was given two color digital photos and was asked to "stitch" them together. They were taken in extremely close quarters under artificial light. As you can see the difference in aiming the camera at a slightly different target caused a significant difference in color even though they were taken at the same time.

The two pictures below are the originals before editing. My goal was to use XARA ONLY (no photo editing program)!

Firstly, I decided I couldn't get the overall colors to match between the two so I converted them to gray scale (in XARA). I know, a cop-out.

Then I "trimmed" several portions of the photos using Arrange > Combine > Intersect. I modified the pieces via stretching, flipping, rotating, skewing, the perspective mould tool, transparencies, and applying various shades of gray to the bitmap fills .... trying to get a seamless composite.

Finally, I grouped everything and put them into a clipview and exported the clipview to get the gray scale image below. Its far from perfect but I was surprised in what did work ... particularly the lower left corner of the composite (the hose and the left half of a pump) where there was nothing in the original photo.

So, if anyone is interested, here is my challenge. Get two or more bitmaps and see how successfully you can stitch them together ONLY USING XARA X and try not to depend upon too many vector objects. And try not to pick images that too easy : )

Here is the result

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

you did a good job. Challenge faced / challenge conquered!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

But you lost the color :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Thanks. And speaking of color, could there be a way of using various transparency overlays to "match" the two colored photos? It does not seem likely to me.

I cant resist a challenge John. Completely in Xara
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am not sure that the 2 photos you posted are the ones you actually used as the lower appears to be at a different angle and doesn't include the full width.

But here is my attempt - using your gray scale version and overlaying the colour photo's with linear transparency fading into the grey where they join.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

2 Photos and some XaraX magic.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

OK. Me thinks the UK takes the gold and the silver! The US bows to the bronze [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] 00000

Now, Egg is it possible to illustrate how you tuned the two colored photos? I haven't a clue.

Christine, basically these are the two colored photos. I rotated, upscaled, and stretched the width of the right colored photo to get the pair of vertical pipes of the two images to be similar. The left half the pump top was created by clipping a copy of the top of the pump's dome, flipping it over to the left and then used the perspective envelope to "reform" it. The mid-portion of the pump was a clip-and-flip too, but I rotated clockwise a bit and did a little stretching and skewing.

Let me know if you'd like me to post the Xara workfile. I will do so when I get to work tomorrow morning.

Regards