• Becasue of what there parents teach them

0 0%
  • Becasue they only have one parent

0 0%
  • Becasue they thought what they where doing was right

0 0%
  • They just where dumb

0 0%
  • Becasue what there schools tought them...

1 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Whilst I accept your apology, I really do feel that you (and we!)would derive far more benefit if your school were to encourage you to make use of proper grammar and correct spelling, rather than worry about schools being shot up.
    A command of good English is, in the long run, a far more powerful weapon than a kid with a gun and attitude.
    Wise up!!
    IP

Let's have no more of this criticism of someone who made a mistake. You know some time ago I learn that words can be used wisely and can build someone up - they can also be used to destroy that same person. I would much prefer to be part of a forum where destruction through the use of the words in our messages was banned. I would much prefer to build someone up than kick 'em till they can't get up.

I am as capable as the next person to mouth off at someone - and have done much to my regret - but please, the comments in reply here in this thread are a more than a bit strong. I would much prefer to encourage young Ross to think before posting something like this. Let us always remember, this is a forum on XaraX so lets keep it that way. We've been getting more and more messages in this forum which use destructive words to criticise what someone else has said - I may even have been guilty of that myself, but I do try to excerise a little restraint and, I hope, generally succeed.

Please, lets all try a little harder. As my dear old Mum used to say, "If you can't say something nice don't say anything." It sure beats the hell out of destroying somebody we don't even know other than through messages they've posted. I for one am not going to lower myself to that level. I would much prefer to built someone up than kick 'em so they can't get up - it gives me great satisfaction if I can help someone in a positive way. After all we don't want to drive Ross away - we don't want to drive anyone away, do we?

Ross

Please don't let the messages in this thread put you off visiting the forum and posting your messages on XaraX. Overall we're a pleasant bunch of people but there are some hot-headed people here who take exception to the sort of thread you have started here. Please, please think before you post ANYTHING such as you posted by starting this thread. This forum is on XaraX and I for one would very much prefer to keep it that way. In the meantime we hope to read future messages from you on XaraX.

Tracey
    IP

I often feel tempted to post on topics that have little or nothing to do with Xara or graphics, I think its the friendly nature of the members of this forum that induces one to think that anything goes.

When we sum the lives and experiences of the main players in here, we get a hell of a lot. Thats not to say we are all old, the range is wide, and I think that contributes to the similarly wide range of topics and attitudes expressed by the members.

With such a varied and active group there are going to be times when the best of us tend to wander off-topic, regarding our fellow Xarians more as friends than budding graphic artists, and with friends you tend to mix topics, even if the original common denominator was a single subject.

Maybe we have a need for another forum where we can go when world politics, or the environment, or the price of fuel, gives need for us vent our feelings. But then looking back there are NOT that many threads that are completely off-topic, so any new forum would probably not be very active.

At least here (and this is perhaps the fundamental problem) when someone stands up and asks "Why did kids shoot..." they will be guaranteed a reaction, even if its not quite what they had hoped for. We are vocal and active to the extent we do not just ignore someone who says something out of topic, we react. However I think it is the responsibility of everyone here to do their bit to ensure they remain on topic for as much of the time as possible, and I think this is what happens, most of the time.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Hey - lighten up folks - this is a fun forum - yet from this thread I almost thought I had joined a debating society. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Alan
    Alan
    IP

Ross

This forum is for the discussion of Xara X. If you want to post non-Xara questions such as this, please post it in the correct forum.

There are thousands of forums dedicated to questions such as this one. This is not one of them.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg
    IP