Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Avery Templates in Xara Designer Pro X

Hello!

I have Xara Designer Pro X version 18.5.0.63630 (I cannot afford to renew the update service right now), and I've been given the task of creating placecards for my sister's wedding. The Avery Template needed is 5011, and I've already played with it in Word and their online designer. I wasn't all that happy with either (especially the online designer; no way to use your own fonts as she picked one their site doesn't have), so I wanted to try in Xara. Is there a guide I can use? Is it as simple as importing the template (which is an .avery file), or my .doc file which is one of the options when you go on their site. There are also options for Photoshop, Illustrator, and PDF. I don't have the Adobe products so those are out.

The template is basically as follows:

FName, LName
    Table #

It's going to be in black and white (because there are guests with color blindness). The font she picked is French Script MT and the sizes are 36 for the name and 24 for the table #.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Exclamation Re: Avery Templates in Xara Designer Pro X

Raptor, as you have XDPXv18, I would simply download the PDF version and drop it onto a blank US Letter blank; it will become the second page.
    Print that out on plain paper and check the outline aligns with your Avery sheets.

Create a text area for the Name and one for the table number; you flip this vertically and horizontally and place it top of the fold and the name under it.
    I centred top/bottom & left/right.

Clone and position five times for the others.
    save out as Avery 5011.xar as a Template.

This is an example with Gill sans MT, not French Script MT as I do not have that.

Avery 5011.xar

It's your Sister's Wedding.
    Show her a sample of your proposal on plain paper, then on some Avery 5011 sheet and finally stamped out and folded.
    Get her approval.
    Then go to a professional printer and get it to print them.
    It's your Sister's Wedding.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Avery Templates in Xara Designer Pro X

To add to Acorn's big first step: It's possible that your home printer has issues with very-close-to-the-paper-edge margins (I sure have run into them when using label templates) but don't be discouraged. A professional printer or copy shop will have no such issues.

Default Re: Avery Templates in Xara Designer Pro X

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorMoonX View Post
    Hello!

I have Xara Designer Pro X version 18.5.0.63630 (I cannot afford to renew the update service right now), and I've been given the task of creating placecards for my sister's wedding. The Avery Template needed is 5011, and I've already played with it in Word and their online designer. I wasn't all that happy with either (especially the online designer; no way to use your own fonts as she picked one their site doesn't have), so I wanted to try in Xara. Is there a guide I can use? Is it as simple as importing the template (which is an .avery file), or my .doc file which is one of the options when you go on their site. There are also options for Photoshop, Illustrator, and PDF. I don't have the Adobe products so those are out.

The template is basically as follows:

FName, LName
    Table #

It's going to be in black and white (because there are guests with color blindness). The font she picked is French Script MT and the sizes are 36 for the name and 24 for the table #.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Here is an older TG thread that might help. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...heet-of-labels

PS. You can upload custom fonts in both Xara Desktop and Xara Cloud (online designer). https://docs.xara.com/en/articles/31...g-custom-fonts