Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Direct way to contact a person at Magix?

I purchased an update to my version of XWDP12 back in 2017. Without going into details, I never got around to activating (i.e. updating) it. Fast-forward to this weekend when I discovered my registration info and decided to go ahead and upgrade (since I had already paid for it). I tried to upgrade my current version (v12) and it said my update period has expired. So I downloaded the trial version expecting to be able to use my previously purchased upgrade serial number. When I tried to do that it said that my activation (that I never used) had expired.

I logged into my online Magix account and, from what I can tell, the update was automatically activated back around the time I originally purchased it, even though I never actually upgraded my version of XWDP or used the upgrade serial number that was issued.

This certainly doesn't seem right as I never got to use the upgrade that I paid for.

I have searched all over the Magix website and cannot find a way to contact a person at Magix directly to discuss this. Anyone know how to do this?

Default Re: Direct way to contact a person at Magix?

You might find you can contact Magix here: infoservice@magix.net - this appears on the UK site; not though on the USA site here: https://www.magix.com/us/support/customer-service/. I would read the terms and conditions of the upgrade service; it lasts 12 months only, unless you renew it on its expiry date.

It looks to me like you are trying to apply the serial number for whatever you purchased in 2017 to the current version. If I recall correctly, version 12 was the first 365 version whereby you had 365 days from purchase of updates/upgrades and access to the online catalogue. After that, no updates/upgrades and access to online catalogue was cut off. When you paid in 2017, your serial number was renewed for 1 year - whether or not you did anything with it. You had 1 year of updates/upgrades and access to the online catalogue.
    Currently, the best that you can probably get is the version that was available when you last paid. I suggest that you go into your account on Magix.com and download the version that is there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara 365 download.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	131863
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    I suggest that you go into your account on Magix.com and download the version that is there.
    Thanks for the assistance browj2. That's all I want to do is install the original update version from 2017.

I don't think I understand how the 365 update works. I assumed it was like pre-365 updates where it didn't activate until I installed the updated version and entered the serial number. I didn't realize the clock started ticking the moment I purchased the update, regardless of whether I actually installed it. I always install updates in a separate folder anyway, in case I need to go back to the previous version. In the future I'll make sure I'm ready to install the update before I purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    You might find you can contact Magix here: infoservice@magix.net - this appears on the UK site; not though on the USA site here: https://www.magix.com/us/support/customer-service/. I would read the terms and conditions of the upgrade service; it lasts 12 months only, unless you renew it on its expiry date.

Thanks for the contact info Initiostar.