Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here's a closer view

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bowl3.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	16804  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hello Steve,
    Thanks for your input. I will be making more bowls on the computer than in the shop. Look how close you came to this one with out even seeing it.

Name:	walstavebowl013.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	16692  

Thanks loads for the tutorial Steve, just made my birthday even better.

Yup, turned 41 today. Went to see A Beautiful Mind. Don't like Crow, he's such a pig in real life, but MAN O MAN was he good in this flic. And of course Jennifer Connelly (Labyrinth, Dark City)was wonderful.

Thanks Again.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Yea, I have 5 friends that have a b-day today!! (Jan 14) How crazy & weird is that??

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

....my first completed project in XaraX. Didn't do much with the background. But the wooden bowl, the stand and the table are all mini works of art.

I know that shadows are subtle and sometimes many. I guess that's up to the artists imagination and trying to keep it as realistic as possible. I know it's probably off (shadow wise) if anyone can give me a tut on how to create multi shadowed effects, come one, come all. I imagine that it has to do with cloning the main object and applying various shadows from the shadow tool, or building your own and laying them down in the right areas. Like the mold tool, slowly and surely but sometimes it boggles my mind.

I loved doing this. I really am happy the geotroy started this post. I have learned allot. Some lessons harder than others but mostly all really fun.

I think I did pretty well. The JPG was the smallest in KB's. The PNG was huge and usually it can be smaller in size than JPG's...Weird!!

So comments are welcome and any info on multi shadowing and personal experience's with doing them are more than welcome.

Thanks gang

Name:	Wooden_Bowl_on_Table.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	7510  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Very inspirating. Steve I would like to ask you for permission to use your techinque in one of my upcoming tutorial for grafika.cz. It's so fantastic that I would like to show some non-believer photoshop/3d program users there that Xara rocks (again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Most of the readers use PS or 3d programs there and this is areally fantastic example of Xara's power. I get around 300-500,-CZK for tutorial on average (depends on number of displays.. which = $6-10 and I usually spend over 5 hours over one tutorial. I'm not doing it for money but as an indirect XaraX advertising.

Roman

Would you be using my Graphic or creating your own based on mine? I don't know the guidlines of the site for tutorials (If they have to be text or not) but if you did I'd prefer my graphic just so it could get some more use! If not, you can use it either way, fine by me! All I ask is if you happen to hit big bucks with this one, we split it 50-50 aight? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Thanks for asking first, very rare on the net these days (Or so I here) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Stewe Newport wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Would you be using my Graphic or creating your own based on mine? I don't know the guidlines of the site for tutorials (If they have to be text or not) but if you did I'd prefer my graphic just so it could get some more use! If not, you can use it either way, fine by me! All I ask is if you happen to hit big bucks with this one, we split it 50-50 aight? Thanks for asking first, very rare on the net these days (Or so I here) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Own GFX using your tut, steb by step. Accompained by text and gfx. I don't know when, but for sure I feel like doing it soon. I'll let you know when it's published.

Thanx for permission.

I'll let you know how much hits/bucks this one got for sure. If I ever get some way to transfer those $$$ to you, I will.. Or, if you happen to fly around SK, just visit my place, you are always welcome. Or, maybe I'll visit US, or maybe not. We'll see. I wish the world travelling was easier.

Roman

Great job Ramwolff. Here's another you can play with if you wish. George Troy

Name:	swplatter1.gif 
Views:	157 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	14382  

That made my morning to get a nice compliment from you, the original poster. I worked, literally, all day on it. Finished when I posted it, I started around 10:30 AM. Little breaks to eat and stretch and ............ hmmmm, nope that's all I did. No wonder the house is a dusty mess, better do that today. Last day of vacation. At least the dishes and laundry are done ; )

I'll give it a go with the squirel plate. I don't know how to do a squirel in Xara. So I will have to play around with that one.

I've uploaded the final final. I worked on the shadows allot more, and the little stand that the plate is on is more in perspective with the table and I did finish out the background. Interesting and fun. Got up this morning after sending out a few for my friends to review and I got allot of WOW's!! in the subject line of responces from them. Made me feel good and I think I am really getting it. It's work, but so is art work by hand.

Have a good one

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on January 15, 2002 at 10:54.]

Name:	Wooden_Bowl_on_Table_II.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	13394  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---