Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image won't repel text

I've had this problem several times before. While most images in this document repel text properly, this image doesn't. The text is below the image group and I've tried moving the text to a lower, different layer but it still doesn't repel. I also tried making a blank shape with the same dimensions as the combined image and marked it to repel text but it doesn't. Both the image and the text do repel another text column below them but I need the text to flow around the image. As mentioned, this does work in the same document and the same situation with other combinations of images and text. Any ideas?text repelling problem.xar

Default Re: Image won't repel text

The text column is also set to repel.
    Remove the 'Repel Text Under' from the text and the magic returns.

Thanks, but problem is that if I remove the repelling from the text in the group, it won't repel the text in the column that's under it, which column I didn't include in the example. What I need - and what does happen with a similar group elsewhere in the same document - is for the two images to repel the small text block and for all three to repel the underlying text. What I don't understand, as I said, is that a similar image/text group earlier in the file does exactly that. Why won't this group work the same way.

I'm trying to upload an example but I'm having some problems. Trying again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not sure why the smaller text box is on a separate layer, but presume it has to be.
    You will need a third layer to keep the main text at the bottom of the pile.
    Top layer - Honda photo
    Second layer - text box and background
    Third layer - main text

On the smaller text (second layer) remove Repel Text Under. Add a background shape and Soft Group with the text. CTRL click the shape and Repel Text Under.

>>> text repelling layers.xar <<<
    Last edited by Chris M; 11 March 2022 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Typo - EVERY time!!!!

I am guessing this might be what was intended and it is dependent on the order in which the objects appear in the P&L Gallery. Not sure it needs more than one layer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Repel Text.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	131717 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page & Layer Gallery.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	131718

Here is an example: text repelling problem_2.xar

The key part is to use a shape to repel the main text, then use the group photo to repel the text associated with the bike and slide the bike group and its text over the shape.
    Last edited by Initiostar; 11 March 2022 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Images