Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple scale symbol/markers

For scale drawings at the moment I am making a horizontal line with vertical ticks, adding numbers, then select/align/distribute/group to get them as a single scale.
    Is there an existing set of symbols that has this done? I haven't been able to find it?

Default Re: Simple scale symbol/markers

slast, I do not believe there is such a utility.

I have mangled the SmartShape Timeline 01 in the attached by using the Shape Tool on a single circle and deleting the two nodes on the line.
    This make it into an oval.
    If you select the two remaining node you can press L to make the nodes form a line.

Using the SmartShape controls you drag out the line and adjust the spacing to create the number of ticks required.

For numbering, I make a Text Area with a single digit.
    I applied Smart Duplicate and used its controls to line up with the ticks.
    You have to manually alter the digits.
    You product mak not have Smart Duplicate.

Xara - Dynamic Scale.xar

You can try similar with the other timelines but avoid those with odd shapes are they are harder to tweak.
    If you have Smart Duplicate, it is possible to group a tic with a number and create more numbered ticks that way, adding the horizontal as the last action.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat