Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default iframe problem with xara_21_7_1

Hey,

i got a code problem with one of my websites.

https://www.geno50.de/xara_21_7_1/mietinteressenten.htm is exported with the latest pro+.

https://www.geno50.de/mietinteressenten.htm is exported with v18.

When you scroll down a bit you'll see that the form is accessible in the second link but not in the first.

I edit the file with the latest pro+ version and open it for export as a workaround in the older v18 version.

Xara seems to write something wrong in the pro+ version.

bb,

FLy

Default Re: iframe problem with xara_21_7_1

FS, can you supply just the IFRAME form in a separate design file?

It might just be the application order of the Amination Effects making the IFRAME behind something else.

It is easier to prove whether Xara has mishandled the IFRAME separated from your design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    FS, can you supply just the IFRAME form in a separate design file?

It might just be the application order of the Amination Effects making the IFRAME behind something else.

It is easier to prove whether Xara has mishandled the IFRAME separated from your design.

Acorn
    Hey Acorn,

good hint. I exported the placeholder with the form in a blank document and it was still inaccessible. Then i recognized the placeholder was set to a fade-in-animation.

When i set it to no animation it works but when you open the page it hops down to the form (as you can see here: https://geno50.de/xara_21_no-fade-in...eressenten.htm). When set to fade in the hopping/scrolling doesn't occur but it only works if exported from v18 because exported from v21 it becomes inaccessible.

The solution to just open the file in v18 and export from there works but i would rather see it work in v21, too.

(Scratching my head)

Any ideas?

FLy

Fly, without the design file, I would be guessing.
    I have tried raising the z-index but there are too many other animations in the way.

Usually, I would place the form on a separate page and link to it.
    The present set-up looks messy as the form is so long.
    That way, no animation SNAFUs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Fly, without the design file, I would be guessing.
    I have tried raising the z-index but there are too many other animations in the way.

Usually, I would place the form on a separate page and link to it.
    The present set-up looks messy as the form is so long.
    That way, no animation SNAFUs.

Acorn

Hey Acorn,

i exported with v21 and uploaded a demo here:

https://geno50.de/t2/

The left form is not accessible exported with v21 but it is when exported with v18.

Here is the file:

https://geno50.de/t2/test.xar

What is my point?

V21 behaves differently than v18. I found out about the non accessible form by my client. Thats embarrassing for me. It's cool that xara improves but it worries me when exporting behaviour changes and things stop working or work differently.

bb,

FLy

Hey,

when i start v21 as admin (in windows 11) the export behaves like v18. So it might be a dll problem? When i then close v21 and restart it without admin rights it behaves again as described in the above posts. (i did not run v18 in the meantime).

hmmmmm,

FLy

Thumbs down Re: iframe problem with xara_21_7_1

FLy, thank you and I totally agree. There are always changes to browsers and applications that can catch anyone out (including Xara).
    It is embarrassing but it should not be unexpected. It happens on big and small sites (and companies).
    You obviously fix it in an offer of goodwill and if you have customer support in place then the customer has an extra level of assurance.

I get a fail on XPro+v21.7 but also a fail on XDPXv18.0.
    XDPXv17.1 and earlier work for the animated form.
    When working, it all works across all my browsers.

I have compared old code with new and I think the problem lies in Xara (still) not adding in ani.css properly.
    Instead we have a dependency of <link rel="stylesheet" href="index_htm_files/ani.css" as="style" onload="this.onload = null; this.rel = 'stylesheet'">.
    I think the coding for the animation is now embedded inside roe.js but this is not handling the overlay <div class="xr_trigo_xr_ce0" style="position:absolute;left:20px;top:236px;width :627px;height:3228px;z-index:-1;"></div>, which covers the animated form.

jQuery is not being loaded but I think the failure is a CSS one.

A workaround:
    Add an ID of id="fadeIn" to the Placeholder code:
    <iframe id="fadeIn" src="https://app.wohnungshelden.de/public/search-request?c=cc0a2bda-360b-496c-ac37-048a225ca9d7" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" name="xara_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    In the Placeholder head, put:
    Code:
    <style>
    #fadeIn {
     animation: fadein 2.5s ease-in; 
    }
    @keyframes fadein {
     0%, 60% { opacity:0; }
     90%{ opacity:0.25; }
     100% { opacity:1; }
    }
    </style>
    Effective across all versions.

You should raise this issue with Xara.

Acorn

FLy, thank you and I totally agree. There are always changes to browsers and applications that can catch anyone out (including Xara).
    It is embarrassing but it should not be unexpected. It happens on big and small sites (and companies).
    You obviously fix it in an offer of goodwill and if you have customer support in place then the customer has an extra level of assurance.

I get a fail on XPro+v21.7 but also a fail on XDPXv18.0.
    XDPXv17.1 and earlier work for the animated form.
    When working, it all works across all my browsers.

I have compared old code with new and I think the problem lies in Xara (still) not adding in ani.css properly.
    Instead we have a dependency of <link rel="stylesheet" href="index_htm_files/ani.css" as="style" onload="this.onload = null; this.rel = 'stylesheet'">.
    I think the coding for the animation is now embedded inside roe.js but this is not handling the overlay <div class="xr_trigo_xr_ce0" style="position:absolute;left:20px;top:236px;width :627px;height:3228px;z-index:-1;"></div>, which covers the animated form.

jQuery is not being loaded but I think the failure is a CSS one.

A workaround:
    Add an ID of id="fadeIn" to the Placeholder code:
    <iframe id="fadeIn" src="https://app.wohnungshelden.de/public/search-request?c=cc0a2bda-360b-496c-ac37-048a225ca9d7" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" name="xara_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    In the Placeholder head, put:
    Code:
    <style>
    #fadeIn {
     animation: fadein 2.5s ease-in; 
    }
    @keyframes fadein {
     0%, 60% { opacity:0; }
     90%{ opacity:0.25; }
     100% { opacity:1; }
    }
    </style>
    Effective across all versions.

You should raise this issue with Xara.

Acorn

Hey Acorn,

thank you for your help. I think i'll start xara v21 with admin rights to export properly. I try to avoid code stuff. Thats why i use xara

How/where can i tell xara about the error?

bb,

FLy

Xara link in my Strapline below.

Acorn

Xara link in my Strapline below.

Acorn
    Okidoki, i reported it. Thank you for your patience.

bb,

FLy