Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Viewing Xara clipart (Xara 10)

Good Day,

Have not been doing much graphics work since leaving the military a lot of years ago but now find I can help some charities make some flyers and other items better for their needs. I had some reference books that had all of the clipart on all of he pages by category and it was easy to look up and choose the one that I wanted to use.

Well the books I had I cannot find now (may have been lost in a move). So seeing the clipart means opening up the .xar file for each one I want to view. But with so many files it gets very time consuming to select just one. Tried to run the FINDER.EXE but the version I have is so old for some of the files that it will not even load in compatible mode Windows XP (SP2).

So my question: Is there a way to view these files without opening them up one file at a time?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Mark

Default Re: Viewing Xara clipart (Xara 10)

Mark, v10 came with access to the Online Content Catalogue, free for access forever.

Use Insert > From Content Catalogue > Clipart.

This can also be opened to view only at http://downloadsv10.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html, which might help as well.

I also have downloaded Everything and you could then use a Search > C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\10\Cache\designs\eng \clipart\ *.xar with Large Thumbnails selected to find and then drag onto your design.
    I have 1,333 v10 ClipArt XAR files, some are quite good. Why Xara abandoned them, I guess we'll never know.

The following uses three of the mon*.xar clipart files.
    Who could ever forget the original illuminated manuscript Xara Logo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YOXL.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	579.6 KB 
ID:	131561

Ye Olde Xara Logo.xar
    The XAR when rendered with XPro+v21.7 has no images created whatsoever, it is all now SVG-rendered.
    Instead of a 1.4MB image being called, the index.htm is now much larger (540kB vs 2.9kB) with every shape and line now a vector.

Vellum to Vector.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 19 February 2022 at 02:34 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Viewing Xara clipart (Xara 10)

I still remember the CorelXara CD, where there were beautiful vector color images. It's a pity that now CLIPART are just unusable images.
    It is also a great pity that the current version of XARA cannot display old * .xar files from CorelXar in the gallery.
    I had to convert XAR to jpg and then I see them in the gallery in the program.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;