Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: feedback

Default feedback

Hi folks, just another wish for to be able to do.
    Does anyone know of or have used or designed a vote, poll, feedback for each web page. I get feedback in general from the hosting company I use for use of the site but would like to put on each page a small tick box so visitors can click to say whether they like the page or not which would give a better indication of visitor satisfaction etc. I toyed with the idea of inserting an excel widget to collect data from each page but not sure if this would be possible. Have checked out things like jot form but cannot find a solution.
    Any ideas or am I dreaming too far? or can anyone point me to that dream being a reality?

Ken

Default Re: feedback

This is totally out of my range Ken, but what kind of site is this?

Ken, JotForm has the mechanism you need: Scale Rating / Submit Button / URL of Page you are voting for:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-02-11 15.34.18 eu.jotform.com 2442defd4881.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	131522

You could additionally include a Local storage variable to prevent another vote and to hide the option but display the Page Rating thereafter.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just tried Google Forms and it is simpler to embed and it is all free.

You would need to create a form for each page though.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Is google form free of advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Is google form free of advertising?
    https://cloud.google.com/privacy?hl=en covers Google forms.

Acorn

Thanks guys, I use jot forms at the moment and unfortunately I want it to be as unobtrusive on the page as possible and as said a form for each page would make it expensive as it would exceed my plan and not covered by the free version. Will have a look at google ( never thought about it). In answer to Gary it's a local magazine okcradley.com which has changed considerably over its issues hence the perceived want to track how happy the punters are with the content so I can dump unwanted pages ( even though I might like them)

Lightbulb Re: feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Thanks guys, I use jot forms at the moment and unfortunately I want it to be as unobtrusive on the page as possible and as said a form for each page would make it expensive as it would exceed my plan and not covered by the free version. Will have a look at google ( never thought about it). In answer to Gary it's a local magazine okcradley.com which has changed considerably over its issues hence the perceived want to track how happy the punters are with the content so I can dump unwanted pages ( even though I might like them)
    You are mixing things up. One JotForm, many Google Forms.

With Jotform, I have set the form to pop-up as a Lightbox format (shading the main page until closed). The actual pop-up is any shape, size, symbol or even text without a link but instead with a Name; the specific Name for mine is htmlclass="lightbox-220413653457***".
    The code is:

<script src ="https://form.jotform.com/static/feedback2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script>
    var JFL_220413653457*** = new JotformFeedback({
    formId: '220413653457***',
    base: 'https://form.jotform.com/',
    windowTitle: 'Page Voter',
    background: '#FFA500',
    fontColor: '#FFFFFF',
    type: 'false',
    height: 420,
    width: 420,
    openOnLoad: false
    });
    </script>
    Just place your similar code in Website Body (code) and make your Voting blob Repeat on all pages.
    The popped-up form size at 420 px square fits most devices.

With Google Forms, I just place it on a pop-up layer with a similar small blob that pops it up on a click (vote).

Acorn

UPDATE
    Here is the coding presented in a design: JotForm - Voting Lightbox.xar
    It will not work as as have removed the Form ID.

What you can do:
    • Create and Save your JotForm to a style similar to Post#3 above.
    • Save and Preview.

• In Xara, Edit the Widget, Placeholder > Body:
      • Change the red detail to your Form ID and Save.

• For your Voting blob add the Name, htmlclass="lightbox-220413653457***" and Add.
      • Change the red detail to your Form ID.

• If you want the full JotForm experience, instead of the above:
      • In JotForm, after saving, move to the Publish Tab.
      • Select Embed > Lightbox > Copy Code.
      • You now have to separate the <scripts> to Xara JS Widget Placeholder.
      • After copying the ClassName of the final <a> link, use this in your htmlclass="...", used for your voting blob.
    Last edited by Acorn; 12 February 2022 at 07:28 PM.

For those without Jotform, here is the coding for a random Jotform example (with PDF outcome):

Placeholder:
    <script src ="https://form.jotform.com/static/feedback2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script>
    var JFL_202324699235963 = new JotformFeedback({
    formId: '202324699235963',
    base: 'https://form.jotform.com/',
    windowTitle: 'Medical Info',
    background: '#FFA500',
    fontColor: '#FFFFFF',
    type: 'false',
    height: 960,
    width: 800,
    openOnLoad: false
    });
    </script>

Button Name:
    htmlclass="lightbox-202324699235963"

Just don't put in any real information.
    Preview the PDF but don't Submit.

Third Part Widgets 101
    Using Third-Party Widgets comes at a cost.
    Even just accessing such a form returns information back to Jotform's servers.
    Remember, the example form is Jotform's so viewing it, adding data and submitting makes it all its data, so don't add personal information or be rude.

I use Jotform as I have read its T&Cs, Privacy Policy and Security information.
    Building your own, covering others' data, is fraught. I prefer letting Jotform or ECWID or Google should that burden.

Acorn