Yesterday I tried to help a forum member. Instead of delving through old posts I wrote about the specific registry setting.

And while investigating I discovered that changing thos value led to a button appearing as described by Gary. Meaning Gary had changed this value also. Which is a bit weird for Gary always advocated the new UI and (IMHO) childish object handles. And I wasn't the only one for Boy also called out for Gary.

And now comes the real reason for me to write this post and tell you all I will leave this forum.

I have been a member since 2000. I loved the forum, helping others and recieving tips. But he atmosphere has changed and I even have been called "aggresive". Which I'm absolutely not. Helping others by giving them asnwers they want instead of a link to some other post is frowned upom. And if you do, you'll get nailed publicly. That's not good.

It may be due to the fact that not every one in this forum has an Anglosaxon background. Maybe the way other uses of the Enlish language misses the fine nuances Brits have and use. If I have insulted people I do apologise, it was neven my intention.

But failing to live up to the standards of using proper English and not tripping ones toes I can't conclude anythng else that my contributions are unwelcome. Hence I leave this forum.

I have been lingering in this forum for more than 20 years (heck, I used Xara from 1994 and even visited Gaddesden Place in the early nineties) Time to move on.