Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

One of my all time favorite Marvel Characters is Dr. Strange, pisses me off that Marvel can't get a good writer and artist team to start it back up. But I have always liked the Eye of Agamotto (geez, I think I spelled that wrong...hmmm) So I made my version of it.

There are about 100 layers here. The Baubles are all my doing, the glass beads brush is just cheating as far as something like this goes. It took me about 6 hours. And considering I am fairly new to XaraX and am sticking with it, I think I did a bang up job.

Also did a Calendar and it turned out so good I printed it out and am going to be using it for around my work station.

Comments are welcome, don't pick to hard at me, it is, after all, one of the very few projects I have been able to finish. Thank god for vacation time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Eye_of_Agamoto.gif 
Views:	822 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	6076  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

One of my all time favorite Marvel Characters is Dr. Strange, pisses me off that Marvel can't get a good writer and artist team to start it back up. But I have always liked the Eye of Agamotto (geez, I think I spelled that wrong...hmmm) So I made my version of it.

There are about 100 layers here. The Baubles are all my doing, the glass beads brush is just cheating as far as something like this goes. It took me about 6 hours. And considering I am fairly new to XaraX and am sticking with it, I think I did a bang up job.

Also did a Calendar and it turned out so good I printed it out and am going to be using it for around my work station.

Comments are welcome, don't pick to hard at me, it is, after all, one of the very few projects I have been able to finish. Thank god for vacation time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I think it is Good art, but why needed 100 layers. it does not seems to be that huge [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I like it, stickking with XaraX is the right choice man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

The real deal, closer to the way the Amulent looks in the comic book, of course with a zing!!

Enjoy!!

Name:	Eye_of_Agamotto_II.gif 
Views:	692 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	125  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

As I see you have fun with Xara X techniques!

Please continue to enjoy us.

Kindly yours,

ivan

Last upload for this project, maybe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I noticed ALLOT of flaws in the last one I put up. Layers that should have been "back" were visible (black disk sitting on top of the Amber Pearls) the placement of the pearls themselves were off quite a bit, the chain catch was "off" for lack of a better word, the eye did not come out at you enough, the background needed to be recessed more.

I think I made quite a few improvements on it.

I got in touch with Vladimyr about studing some of his work, so he graciously sent me a file to play with, and I sent him the Eye, he liked it, but did not understand why I used a bitmap fill in that particular area (to bring the eye out more and recess the back area of the eye) Said he would never use a bitmap fill for that purpose. I really admire his work and appreciate his input.

So...How would I achieve a similar effect with out using a bitmap fill??

Use the Plasma fill in it's place??

OR???

I would appreciate input in this area.

Thanks so much

Name:	Eye_of_Agamotto_III.gif 
Views:	525 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	6444  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Say I want to try a similar project as the "Eye", how could I get the pearls to form a perfect circle. I tried using the mold tool, that didn't seem to work, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I also tried using the text objects and the mold tool (Arrange/Fit Text to Curve), that worked, but the circles (Woolbats, letter "b" is a perfect circle) are spaced out. and then the text objects react differently. Like filling them and they don't respond to the placement of layers at all. HOLD ON...let me try something here.......

OK, that's all cleared up. I found that if I used the text object and mold tool, if I choose the "Fully Justify" text mode I can fill the spaces up with more circles to create a tight line of circles. Then I converted the text line to shapes (Arrange/Convert Line to Shape) so it's not this bulky "thing" to drag around..but still no way to fill them. I suppose I could use it as a template for placement of solid filled circle shapes.

Anyone got anything they can suggest here??? I mean what if I wanted to design jewelry with this program??? I would need to be able to create pefect, alligned circles of gems here and there. So there has to be either an easier way or a more "fillable" way to create a perfect circle of shapes.

Thanks folks

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi RAMWolf

Take a look at this objects around a curve thread and see if it answers your question.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sorry, that seems a bit hard for me to understand. The Blend and Mold tools are a too confusing for me in certain areas and certainly can't understand what's being explained here.

I just think that XaraX shorted itself by not including a second dialog for "fit object[s] to curve" as with the dialog of "fit text to curve".

Shouldn't be that complicated or that many steps. Seems that some code writer at Xara Ltd. must have an answer up his/her sleeve.

Maybe someone could do a numbered Tutorial on that one. Seems to be the best way for many of us to understand this kind of stuff.

Thanks

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

that soquili's message is from completely different thread ;-)) Ignore it RamWolf ;-)