Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Moir:

For those where the Buy link does not work can I ask you to try the links on the close down screen to the XaraXone and this forum? They should also just open a browser on the appropriate place. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Charles,

I am having this issue and here is what I noticed.

For the Xara X1 demo:
    When I click on the Buy link on the opening or closing screens, nothing happens. Same for the link to Xara.com on the closing screen.

For the Xara X1 demo AND my registered copy of Xara X:
    When I click on any of the links under the "help" "Xara on the web" menu, I get the message, "The xaralink utility could not be found."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carol Leather:
    Hi,

Downloaded the demo and enjoying it.

Question is can I still get the discount (before June 1st) even though I bought my copy from Amazon, not direct?

When I tried to follow the BUY online button it wanted me to pay full price. I guess I can upgrade later through Amazon but will this we too late for the extra discount?

Carol Leather <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carol, According to the information on the support link provided by Charles on the first post http://new.xara.com/support/xarax/ (click search, then click "Can I upgrade to Xara X1?") you can register your copy of Xara X with Xaraclub (on www.xara.com) and then be able to get the upgrade price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eky:
    For the Xara X1 demo:
    When I click on the Buy link on the opening or closing screens, nothing happens. Same for the link to Xara.com on the closing screen.

When I click on any of the links under the "help" "Xara on the web" menu, I get the message, "The xaralink utility could not be found." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

eky,

What Operating System are you running? What happens if you select Start, then Run and type "www.xara.com" in the box and hit enter? The links on the splash screens and in the menus should perform the same action as from the Run box. Please let me know what happens.

AlexL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexL:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eky:
    For the Xara X1 demo:

When I click on any of the links under the "help" "Xara on the web" menu, I get the message, "The xaralink utility could not be found." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

eky,

What Operating System are you running? What happens if you select Start, then Run and type "www.xara.com" in the box and hit enter? The links on the splash screens and in the menus should perform the same action as from the Run box. Please let me know what happens.

AlexL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alex,

I am on Windows XP Professional. When I tried the start, run, www.xara.com, I get the message, "Windows cannot find 'www.xara.com.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and the click Search."

To Charles and/or Antony;

The "Buy" link works in that it gets me to the correct web page. However, the website does not recognize me as an owner of Xara X. I bought it over the telephone, which may explain the problem, but why does the website not recognize my Xara X serial number or my e-mail address (I receive Xara News e-mails regularly)? Please tell me how I can get past this obstacle and purchase Xara X1 for $29US rather than $187US.

Glen
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

thx for continuing world's fastest and most easy to use drawing app :b

bb

FLy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kinder_06_x1.gif 
Views:	655 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	14709  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Moir:

I am having this issue and here is what I noticed.

For the Xara X1 demo:

Eky, i can reproduce the behaviour you have encountered and believe it could be down to your firewall/other internet security software.

Tests shown below

1. I run Xara X
    2. from the splash screen, i click on buy xara x now
    3. Zone Alarm displays an alert asking whether i wish to allow xara x to access the internet.
    4. I select no
    5. subsequent clicks on buy xara x causes my open browser window to be displayed but i am not directed to the xara site
    6. I click on try xara x now and from the help menu select xara x on the web and then xara xone causing the message 'the xara link utility cannot be found' to be displayed
    7. i close xara x and clicking on any of the links from the closing splash screen causes the same behaviour as step 5
    8. I click on the close button and restart xara x

9. I click on buy xara x now. Zone Alarm displays an alert asking whether i wish to allow xara x to access the internet.
    I select Yes and directed to the xara site.

This also prevents the error from step 6 and 7 from occuring.

Thanks

What I noticed first about Xara X1 is that I got the name right! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

In an old thread from 2002, "Box Contest" a lot named their update, version 2. Where I called mine X1. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

What does this mean? Nothing. But I'm very happy to see X1 coming out soon. Even though I just bought my copy of Xara X last year in March.

-Bob.

Box Contest!
    •Bob

Charles,

The Xara online purchasing system won't let me upgrade! I submitted my Xara X serial number and immediately received an email confirming my username and password. But, they are the same as the one I have been trying to use.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bb2:

1. I run Xara X
    2. from the splash screen, i click on buy xara x now
    3. Zone Alarm displays an alert asking whether i wish to allow xara x to access the internet.
    4. I select no
    5. subsequent clicks on buy xara x causes my open browser window to be displayed but i am not directed to the xara site
    6. I click on try xara x now and from the help menu select xara x on the web and then xara xone causing the message 'the xara link utility cannot be found' to be displayed
    7. i close xara x and clicking on any of the links from the closing splash screen causes the same behaviour as step 5
    8. I click on the close button and restart xara x

9. I click on buy xara x now. Zone Alarm displays an alert asking whether i wish to allow xara x to access the internet.
    I select Yes and directed to the xara site.

This also prevents the error from step 6 and 7 from occuring.

Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do have zone alarm installed but it does not show any alert or ask for permission in this case.