Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: o/t

I have recently started my own design (!) business, totally geared towards one-man bands/small business'.

My website is www.m2designs.co.uk

All the logos and all the graphics etc for the site were created in xara (so hopefully I am not being too cheeky posting this here!).

Would love some feedback on the site, I have looked at it that often I have totally lost the initial viewers first reaction (if you see what I mean!). But am feeling that it is not coming accross as professional looking.

Thanks must go to all here for your inspiration.

I am totally new to web design, this is the first site I have ever attempted..biggest challenge I have ever faced I think!

So, if anyone has a moment...

Criticisms MOST welcome!

Mags

site

I have recently started my own design (!) business, totally geared towards one-man bands/small business'.

My website is www.m2designs.co.uk

All the logos and all the graphics etc for the site were created in xara (so hopefully I am not being too cheeky posting this here!).

Would love some feedback on the site, I have looked at it that often I have totally lost the initial viewers first reaction (if you see what I mean!). But am feeling that it is not coming accross as professional looking.

Thanks must go to all here for your inspiration.

I am totally new to web design, this is the first site I have ever attempted..biggest challenge I have ever faced I think!

So, if anyone has a moment...

Criticisms MOST welcome!

Mags

site

Mags

It is most appropriate to post your URL (I'm assuming you created most of your elements using our favorite vector application--am I correct? :-)

I like the concept, wit and simplicity of the site and I think your logo reflects all of these attributes.

I do find images that attach themselves to my cursor a bit offputting, but that is MY problem.

On the other hand, you have a valid reason for doing this, especially on your home page where the cursor/metaphor works very well and also on the portfolio page where the cursor displays the larger image.

Cool site and well done. Take a bow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hi Mags,

I like your site. I'm not a site designer, so I can't comment on that part. I did find a minor spelling error on your About page. In the last paragraph on the page I believe you meant to use the word any instead of the word and.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>All our printing is carried out in-house and with no minimum print runs, you only need order the quantity you require. This service opens the door to endless possibililtes for you and removes and restrictions due to prohibitive costs for small runs that you would encounter elsewhere <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Gary: OMG! I'm chuffed to bits. Our favourite vector application was used to make ALL the elements, images etc and indeed was used for all the work shown except I used photosoup for part of the doggy xmass card, all the robin/water pump card and the flyer).

Soquili: Thanks (and I'm extremely embarrassed to admit that was not the only error! have correct them although the evidence remains in your post!)

Mags
    off to bed now with a big [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]