Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, I'm trying to install the demo version of Xara X off their website before I purchase it. I already have all of the other Xara products. When I install the Xara X, I get a error message at the end that says "Failed to install font. Please copy xarafont.fon to your fonts folder."

I deleted the installation, and I reinstalled it. I thought that I put the font folder where it needed to go. Guess I was wrong. Can anyone out there help me with this?

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi, I'm trying to install the demo version of Xara X off their website before I purchase it. I already have all of the other Xara products. When I install the Xara X, I get a error message at the end that says "Failed to install font. Please copy xarafont.fon to your fonts folder."

I deleted the installation, and I reinstalled it. I thought that I put the font folder where it needed to go. Guess I was wrong. Can anyone out there help me with this?

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi,

I have no idea why the installation would not work.
    Anyway, you might want to try it the easy way and do what it tells you: Copy xarafont.fon to your font-directory which is normally %winsys%/font

I attach my (obviously) working version of xarafont.fon, maybe this will help you ...

Wolfgang
    Attached Files Attached Files

Xara put it's own font in the Xara folder, but not into the Windows/Fonts folder.

Just copy or move it from the Xara folder to the Fonts folder, and it should work fine.

http://eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll