Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrading-make sure you read the denomination properly !

I received emails from Magix to upgrade my DP16 version for what appeared to be $99 but failed to notice that it was in fact 99GBP and therefore my American Express card was charged about $139 plus $4 foreign transaction fee. Yes, it was my fault for not noticing the pound sign. Because I had previously upgraded several times and it had always been in US dollars I guess I must have assumed that would be the same, as I am in the US. Strange, as Magix is based in Germany and not UK.
    I am posting this just to remind people to check the prefix symbol in front of the numbers.

Default Re: Upgrading-make sure you read the denomination properly !

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I received emails from Magix to upgrade my DP16 version for what appeared to be $99 but failed to notice that it was in fact 99GBP and therefore my American Express card was charged about $139 plus $4 foreign transaction fee. Yes, it was my fault for not noticing the pound sign. Because I had previously upgraded several times and it had always been in US dollars I guess I must have assumed that would be the same, as I am in the US. Strange, as Magix is based in Germany and not UK.
    I am posting this just to remind people to check the prefix symbol in front of the numbers.
    Sorry to hear. The current US offer is $129.

I hope you still got the freebie - XARA All Web Templates (USD195 / £159 value)?
    If I hadn't these templates form XaraTemplates.com already, I might consider upgrading an older XWDP just for these.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The only templates I have are the ones in the Design Gallery which look to me as the same ones I had in ver 16. I cannot see what advantage there has been in upgrading, as even the "improved"pdf" editing" feature seems no different to the one in v16. I feel ripped off and will not upgrade in the future. I also think that when Magix/Xara send offers to their US customers they should be priced in US $.

Thumbs down Re: Upgrading-make sure you read the denomination properly !

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    The only templates I have are the ones in the Design Gallery which look to me as the same ones I had in ver 16. I cannot see what advantage there has been in upgrading, as even the "improved"pdf" editing" feature seems no different to the one in v16. I feel ripped off and will not upgrade in the future. I also think that when Magix/Xara send offers to their US customers they should be priced in US $.
    The offer (until 27 Dec) is here: https://www.magix.com/us/photo-graph...-designer-pro/.

I get the offer in USD, follow the link to Magix and suddenly I'm reading German.
    I have to change my language of choice to see the price in GBP, USD, EUR or whatever.

You have a cancellation period. I would request that, get a refund and repurchase in USD with the link I have found.

Acorn

P.S. I abandoned Magix because of these very bad marketing ploys. I bought into Xara's Pro+, bypassing Magix altogether.

Merry Xmas
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the info but unfortunately I bought in Oct so cannot cancel and re purchase. Just checked your link and it all came up in English and showed amounts in US$. When I upgraded I believe I followed a link from the upgrade nag screen which appeared every time I opened Xara. This was all in English but amounts were in Pounds and if I had realized that would have used a different credit card which did not charge foreign conversion fees.

At least we have advised others who may benefit from now knowing.

Merry Xmas.

Acorn