Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I want to make some seamless fills and I use the slice methode. The square I use to slice the basic shape has no fill and no line. When I slice one of the rectangles has a thin line. How can I avoid getting that line?

Jolande
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slice.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	15059  

I want to make some seamless fills and I use the slice methode. The square I use to slice the basic shape has no fill and no line. When I slice one of the rectangles has a thin line. How can I avoid getting that line?

Jolande

Jolande,

Any chance you can post the XAR file?

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Here's the xar file.

Jolande
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Joto

The 'line' you are seeing isn't an outline as such it is caused by antialiasing. For example if you create a red circle, clone it and change the clone to white you will get a thin red 'outline' appearing, which is the same sort of thing you are seeing.

If you create a bitmap copy of your sliced shapes you might not get this 'outline' appearing in the bitmap. At least I didn't when I tried it with your xar file.

An alternative to slicing would be to create a rectangle or square, align it where you want it over your pattern and send it to the back. Then select just this back rectangle/square and make a bitmap copy (without alpha). This will give you a bitmap with everything that is above the rectangle/square and is an alternative to actually slicing your shapes. (See attached).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Su

Name:	Seamless-Tile.gif 
Views:	229 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	4397  
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Jolande,

I think I cured you line problem. I cut the white circles out of the red background, then just sliced at the same point you did...

http://www.draginet.com/dragon.gif
    John/DOT
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John/DOT

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Here is my cut outs.

http://www.draginet.com/dragon.gif
    John/DOT

Name:	1upload.gif 
Views:	226 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	4741  
    John/DOT

Thanks Su and John for your help. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif It getting really late now (I've to get up early for work) so I can't try your tips out now. I tend to stay up way to long when I'm drawing with Xara. Time flies when you're having fun. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Joto
    John is correct. What you are actually doing is slicing the single grouped shapes (reddy rectangle and white 'circles') with the transparent white rectangle. The outcome is 2 grouped shapes, which remain as groups but NOT sliced. Slice these again to remove the border.

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	203 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	13266  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host