Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phone Number Clickable In Mobile Variant?

Haven't been around in a while (retiring). I am using Designer Pro X11. Is there a way to make a phone number clickable in the mobile variant to dial that number? Hadn't thought about it before, and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Phone Number Clickable In Mobile Variant?

Hi Jim. Set the link to telthen the number)

Of course this won't work particularly well on a PC unless you have mobile connections but works fine on mobiles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	127376  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

In the web link section, add 'tel:######' in the format of your country. If you want International add the number as you would dial on a standard land line call.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tel link.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	127377

Whenever i order pizza I'm giving the number Egg has in his post

Perfect (and too easy as usual). Thanks!! EDIT: Also just noticed that Safari will allow the phone number in the mobile version to be clickable automatically without adding it as a link whereas Chrome won't.

Jim
    Last edited by jimhanus; 08 July 2020 at 01:29 AM.

Whenever i order pizza I'm giving the number Egg has in his post
    Don't know if we deliver that far Chris!
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thought I would come back to this 3 years later! I have a phone number that's clickable which is fine, but somehow a fax number right below it is also clickable which is not good. Is it the browser that makes it clickable even though I haven't done that? Even if I totally remove the fax number and then re-type it still turns into a link. Any suggestions how to stop this behavior? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Thought I would come back to this 3 years later! I have a phone number that's clickable which is fine, but somehow a fax number right below it is also clickable which is not good. Is it the browser that makes it clickable even though I haven't done that? Even if I totally remove the fax number and then re-type it still turns into a link. Any suggestions how to stop this behavior? Thanks!
    A Fax Number is just a phone number so Xara is might be adding the tel: protocol automatically, but I've never seen this.

All you need do in the design is click on the number and a small po-up appears and you then click on the Remove option.
    Or, select the number, open Web Properties > Link and pick Do nothing and OK.

https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...to-dialog.html

https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...ll-button.html

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Even if I totally remove the fax number and then re-type it still turns into a link. Any suggestions how to stop this behavior? Thanks!
    By default, Safari on iOS detects any string formatted like a phone number and makes it a link that calls the number.

You can put this in the header of your page to stop the fax number being picked up as a link, and it won't stop the links that you DO instruct to be tel: links from working

HTML Code:
    <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    By default, Safari on iOS detects any string formatted like a phone number and makes it a link that calls the number.
    You can put this in the header of your page to stop the fax number being picked up as a link, and it won't stop the links that you DO instruct to be tel: links from working
    HTML Code:
    <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">
    Daniel, that is useful to know.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat