Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default XD16, and XD17 trial SVG import issue

I have been using XD's SVG export and import features rather a lot recently, and I have been having several issues, but the most obvious one is this;
    If I export a group or a single shape as SVG, then re-import that SVG it comes in 25% larger than the original shape.

This was in XD16. I just d/loaded the new XD17 as a 7-day demo and tried it, and it has the same issue. If I import the 1st SVG into another app,
    it appears to be the correct size, but if I have that app re-export the SVG, and import it back into XD, it appears 25% larger.

Interestingly, I still have XD11 on my laptop so tried that. It imports its own SVG export at the same size. I had SVGKam (a CAM utility I've been working on) import the XD11 svg, and it showed the correct size, and its own re-export imported correctly back into XD11, albeit minus any colour.

So, what's going on? I was aware through 2019 of several updates to XD16, but they all seemed to differ in how to break SVG handling. But I do like the export selection option.

Attached is a xar file demonstrating the problem.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files