Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I import an image into Xara, I can use it to paint any object using the Bitmap Fill function. When I delete the images from the work area, the bitmaps remain as a fill option. Is there a way to clear the bitmaps completely from the file without copying and pasting to a new Xara file? I find this makes my files larger than they have to be.

Thanks,

Milt

When I import an image into Xara, I can use it to paint any object using the Bitmap Fill function. When I delete the images from the work area, the bitmaps remain as a fill option. Is there a way to clear the bitmaps completely from the file without copying and pasting to a new Xara file? I find this makes my files larger than they have to be.

Thanks,

Milt

Delete the images from the bitmap gallery.

Also, if you save and there are bitmaps that are in the gallery but not used, they shouldn't be saved. The next time you open the file those unused bitmaps should be gone.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

1.- Open your Bitmap Gallery
    2.- Select the bitmap to delete
    3.- Press the "Delete" button on the Bitmap Gallery popup window

Aram
    www.lithium-design.com

from the folder you have it stored in?? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

I'm not quite understanding this information.

Richard http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But doesn't that delete the bitmap itself from the folder you have it stored in??
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the bitmap gallery displays the bitmaps you are using in the current document. Deleting a bitmap from the Bitmap Gallery means that the bitmap doesn't appear in your document any more, but it's still on your hard drive just as it wsa before.

Xara doesn't link bitmaps in a document with the original bitmap file (ie if I save a photo to my hard drive and then import it into Xara, if I change the original photo file on my hard drive, the one already imported into Xara is unchanged: they're nothing to do with each other anymore)

only the bitmaps you are using remain. The rest are automatically deleted.

Next time you open the doucment and look in the Bitmap Gallery, only the bitmaps being used will be present.

If you delete a bitmap from the gallery, and the bitmap is in use in any way, the bitmap is replaced with the gray Xara X bitmap. And the deletion I believe is not reversable.

So I prefer to save and close the document to purge the unused bitmaps.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Thanks for the answers. It makes sense that using the bitmap gallery was the way to do it.

Milt