Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have had Xara X for a long time and never learned the proigram in depth. I use Corel everyday and have to produce quality EPS and AI files for pagaging and advertising. I continue to come back to this forum and am amazed at the quality of work that I see here. I realize that Xara leaves all other vector programs in the dust when it comes to the illustration effects it offers. The little bit that I have seen on these forums is that my needs as mentioned above might be one of xara's shrt comings.

Please comment as to you experience with this aspect of Xara. I want to be talked into making the jump. Finally, is there anything on the horizon or even a distant committment for a new version coming?

Thanks for any input. Gary Allred

I have had Xara X for a long time and never learned the proigram in depth. I use Corel everyday and have to produce quality EPS and AI files for pagaging and advertising. I continue to come back to this forum and am amazed at the quality of work that I see here. I realize that Xara leaves all other vector programs in the dust when it comes to the illustration effects it offers. The little bit that I have seen on these forums is that my needs as mentioned above might be one of xara's shrt comings.

Please comment as to you experience with this aspect of Xara. I want to be talked into making the jump. Finally, is there anything on the horizon or even a distant committment for a new version coming?

Thanks for any input. Gary Allred

The new version is under development but when it will be available is not yet known.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

It is good to hear about the new versionplans but I need the other information concerning file conversions to AI and EPS to convert me from Corel. Thanks.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Gary,

Draw something in Xara, save it as a cdr, and also as an ai. Open them up with corel draw and see for yourself. somethings work, other do not. It is the came between draw and illustator, draw and photoshop etc...

http://www.draginet.com/dragon.gif
    John/DOT
    John/DOT