Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Allright,

Sean Sedwards x-Port Plugin does for TIF what I want when I have to export CMYK from Xara-X.

Unfortunately, this time I need a CMYK-EPS to export and it looks like that is not so easy.

In Xara-X I define for instance a rectangle with a plain 100% Magenta fill.
    I export as EPS and ckeck in Photoshop.

And it does not look like Magenta on the screen and it sure is not Magenta when I look at the channels.

Why can I define CMYK anyway, when Xara does not even export simple things like that correctly.
    I also tried defining a Spot Color in Xara, but out comes a RGB-approximation of it, just like with Magenta.

Any trick or workaround available here ??
    I HAVE to get my graphic onto two plates for printing and it HAS to be EPS, because there's also cutting and creasing involved.
    Can that be so complicated ??

Wolfgang

Allright,

Sean Sedwards x-Port Plugin does for TIF what I want when I have to export CMYK from Xara-X.

Unfortunately, this time I need a CMYK-EPS to export and it looks like that is not so easy.

In Xara-X I define for instance a rectangle with a plain 100% Magenta fill.
    I export as EPS and ckeck in Photoshop.

And it does not look like Magenta on the screen and it sure is not Magenta when I look at the channels.

Why can I define CMYK anyway, when Xara does not even export simple things like that correctly.
    I also tried defining a Spot Color in Xara, but out comes a RGB-approximation of it, just like with Magenta.

Any trick or workaround available here ??
    I HAVE to get my graphic onto two plates for printing and it HAS to be EPS, because there's also cutting and creasing involved.
    Can that be so complicated ??

Wolfgang

You can use this file to use colours' palette defined as CMYK.
    They remain CMYK in eps output.
    But remember that if you add effects to the object (as transparency, even at 0%) they turn the object's colour into rgb in the eps file)

Luciano
    Attached Files Attached Files

Luciano,

first off: thanks a lot !!! That seems to work.

At first I thought: "An empty document ??" until I discovered the changed names of the colors.

But how do you do it ??
    I also defined 100% (255) Magenta and the rest at 0%, but it did NOT give the same result. Am I missing something ??

Wolfgang

Wolfang,
    I believe in Xara2 all colors were exported in CMYK, but in XaraX only the ones which were made as CMYK.

So open the color gallery (F9), make a NEW color, change the name and create it as CMYK; that's all, it should work.

Ciao
    Luciano