Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi,
    i just wanted to change the open with, insted of openning my graphics (Gif And Jpeg) by Paintshop..... i want to open it in Explorer...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] thanx a lot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

hi,
    i just wanted to change the open with, insted of openning my graphics (Gif And Jpeg) by Paintshop..... i want to open it in Explorer...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] thanx a lot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

If I understand you correctly, you want to view jpg's and gif's in your browser rather than a graphic program.

One thing you can do is go to File...choose Preferences and then choose File Associations and make sure that there is no check mark next to gif's or jpg's.

Someone may need to jump in here and give me a hand....but I think it is the nature of the beast to want to be viewed in a graphics program, whether it be PSP, Photoshop or whatever.

I do not recall it specifically asking, upon installation, if I wanted PSP to be the graphics program of choice...as I have Photoshop, Painter 6, Illustrator, PhotoImpact, Corel 9, Canvas and several others. I did, however, note that on my other computer where PSP is not installed...Photoshop opens automatically when a jpg or gif is selected in Explorer ( NOT IE)...which leads me to believe it may be either a system thing or something built into the program.

Anyone else have any ideas?

SandDancr Studios

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

It's a windows thing!!!!

I think I have found a temporary solution for you.... go to Explore and find the jpg or gif you want to view. Hold down the shift key and right click on the graphic. A menu will pop up....choose OPEN WITHand choose the browser of your choice.

For a more permanent fix you would take the same steps but select the CHOOSE PROGRAM and select your browser there making sure you check the box at the bottom of the pop-up.

Hope that solves your problem!

Joelle

SandDancr Studios

Joelle

IP

Thanx a lot it was so useful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] i have delete it the paint shop... and i need to install it again.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and i have made the step u mentioned about open again with explorer, It works now
    cuz i couldnt do it with there program in my PC
    but iam happy cuz it works finally [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])))))
    IP

Actually, an easier way to open files in your Windows Explorer is to make sure that you have QuickView loaded. If you didn't do that when you installed the OS, you can go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and run setup, making sure you add a check mark next to Viewers/QuickView. Leave everything else alone (checked or unchecked), then click OK and restart. It doesn't have the power to open/view EVERY file format, but it will do the trick without going through a graphics program. If you like it, I would highly recommend buying the full version from Jasc (www.jasc.com) as this will not only view graphic files, but also text files (.doc, .txt, .xls) and even zip files and the contents within them.

Have fun! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP