Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I get the same thing in Mozilla April, 01 build.

It only happens when you move the cursor down from hovering over the laser engraved button. Moving side to side otherwise works normally (Until you move down)

#4...

The glass looks really cool. I like the way the shadow brings your focus to the text below.

I think the red line on-top is too bright and distracting. Perhaps it would look neat if it had the same dark red color from the 'selected' state of the navbar buttons? I like the line though - it adds some color and "anchors?!" the whole design.

I'm not sure about making the whole navigation side in gold? I think it might make it look too impersonal.

I like the colors of the nav buttons... I think they go really well with the images in the glass.

What is the "ARA" logo thing on each page? It doesn't fit in at all... I guess mostly because it is not as clean as the rest of the stuff...

Great job, Gary!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

... tricky choice.

I'm in a bit of the same mind as Dale, I like the gold side panel too as in 4, with perhaps the buttons of 5, not sure about having gold buttons and a gold background it might be a bit too gold, especially if the logo was on a gold bevelled square etc as well, hmm ... might work not sure.

I very much like the logo (in the side panel) with the gold square and beveled edge, and especially like the same thing as in design 1 with the curved cut corners. I also like the logo chosen it looks great with the black engraved effect on the text.

The large logo in the main area and also the glass-like circular buttons look good, but the overall size of the graphics is a little on the heavy size download wise for my 56k modem. However once loaded into the cache is very quick to re-view.

I also like the mouseover effect in design 3 with the picture appearing in the medal.

Note: I too am getting a mouseover anomaly on the plaque button (IE 5.5) I expect this is probably due to your quick text change. It looks like the text is being swapped for the medal on mouseout. It also happens when you move a little bit to the side (i.e. not over the next button). Because when you move the cursor over another button it then loads the medal back to its place).

Like I said tricky choice, but it's looking good Gary, great work as usual!

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Gold on gold. It doesn't look as good as I had envisioned.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold_mouseover2.gif 
Views:	602 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	15049  

Gary, day by day i am impressed more and more

I liked no. 2

I think it has nice colors and header

Gary

I think you need more on buttons thu, i did not like the button that much, aslo i did not like the behavier of the buttons
    they need to be smoother when pass over or clicked on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    i loved the opening page of the 5 designs
    when moving the mouse over the buttons the medal changes to reflect the number, coooool ( all done by XARAX ?)

I hope i am helping not putting you down [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Good Luck

Dear Mr. Priester,

I'd like to inform you, that I like #1 and #4 best, with #4 being my top-favourite.

Best regards

Wolfgang [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Overall I like 4 the best. The only suggestions I would make are:

1. Images (glass, medals, etc...) seem a little dark.

2. Maybe use more of a glow than a shadow on the mouseover for these images.

4 wins the trophy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

One last comment and then I be quiet (that's quite hard as you know).

I don't know if you like splash pages, but this might be a good place, with the Sports Quest lettering and circles including the drop shadows in combination, with your unique design. A click on any of the photos would bring up the side menues of #2 or #4 and into the heart of the site.

Just another thought.

Phil

with 5 running second. #'s 1, 2, and 3 all resemble Dreamweaver templates that I have seen on the net, but with technology being the way it is today, isn't it becoming difficult to come up with "original" layouts on static pages anymore?

All of the mouseovers are great, very interesting idea to have the medal reflect mouse movement, definitely made the page feel more interactive.

To other points I have to concur with:

From Risto, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think the red line on-top is too bright and distracting... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and David, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe use more of a glow than a shadow on the mouseover for these images.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just some food for thought. Gary, great work as always.

Chris [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I like #4. I like the design alot and think the logo is just about the right size. To my mind using a huge logo on your home page is a waste of space. Once I reach a website I want to know what you do. I think your images do this well.

You have graphics for glass and promotional, but no nav button for these. Should they match?

The text on the bottom looks like the links that many people have on sites in case graphics are turned off...but they aren't links. I'm assuming they are there to add a text description to the page. I might turn them into a paragraph of sorts..."Experts in the design and manufacture of ..." and put it between the two rows of images.
    Maybe instead of the red line at the top, put a thinner line top and bottom of the paragraph.

My nickel...

Mickie