Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: T-shirt Designs

Are there any online places that have basic design tips? What I'm trying to figure out is how to adjust my design to the medium. Reducing/choosing colors, resolution, etc.

Thanks!

H

How sweet it is....

Are there any online places that have basic design tips? What I'm trying to figure out is how to adjust my design to the medium. Reducing/choosing colors, resolution, etc.

Thanks!

H

How sweet it is....

And welcome to the Xara X Conference.

Can you be more specific? What does your design look like? Can you post a small version of it here?

And how many T-shirts are you planning on doing?

You should be able to use as many colors as you want unless you are planning on silk-screening the T-shirts yourself. There is special paper you can buy which you can print on in reverse on any InkJet printer and then iron the image onto the T-shirt.

Give us some more details and we will try to help.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Not strictly relevant, but www.cafepress.com do "one off" tee-shirts, or any number to order. You upload the artwork and they print and sell; so no initial outlay or minimum production run, but not particularly cheap either... I have mine done by them.

(For anyone interested, www.jaxtrawstudios.com/Store/Store1.html)

If you look at the Tshirts (particularly the "Lucy Lastique Nearly Nude" one) I did the artwork in Micrografx Picture Publisher, the lettering (as always) in Xara, then checked out how it would loook in CYMK mode in Photoshop. Not surprisingly, most of the green shading on the hair disappeared and, sure enough, it did on the TShirt too. Heh.

That's one tip, I guess. Look at the image in a CYMK colorspace in Photoshop; it's pretty accurate and will provide a good idea of what color detail will be lost.

Check out http://www.encompasstech.com/ They do T-shirts, mugs and many other things, and Xara files is one of the graphic formats that they accept.