Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I exported a screen saver but when I tried to install it on another computer (running Windows XP) I get get the following error message:

The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec.
    To obtain a current driver that is compatible with this version of Windows, please contact the manufacturer at http://indeo.ligos.com.

The indeo website wants $14.95 for the codec. Would every computer I want to install the screen saver on need to buy a codec? Is their any way around needing to install a codec?

Any help is appreciated!!!

I exported a screen saver but when I tried to install it on another computer (running Windows XP) I get get the following error message:

The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec.
    To obtain a current driver that is compatible with this version of Windows, please contact the manufacturer at http://indeo.ligos.com.

The indeo website wants $14.95 for the codec. Would every computer I want to install the screen saver on need to buy a codec? Is their any way around needing to install a codec?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Hi Nixielee,

Welcome to the forum. The information on the Ligos site indicates that new PCs (since release of XP SP1) and older PCs with a clean install of Windows XP Service Pack 1 would need to obtain the codec. It appears that Microsoft stopped providing the codec as a part of Windows beginning with XP SP1.

Although Ligos no longer provides the free version of the codec, you may be able to find it by doing a search on Google.

UPDATE: A search for "indeo codec" on google turned up many sites. One that has the movie codec for download is moviecodec.com

New Update: Nixielee, additional information provided by Pappy in the New Gear forum leads me to think the free version of the indeo codec may not function correctly on a PC with WinXP SP1.

Soquili

[This message was edited by Soquili on August 08, 2003 at 20:43.]

[This message was edited by Soquili on August 08, 2003 at 20:44.]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I did a search and came up with this Knowledge Base Article which lists a recommended update

Brian