Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey all,

I have a question to any one that knows HTML. I wanted to do a fancy shmancy signature and wanted to be able to use HTML to do it right. I tried using PhotoImpact to export the image of:

---Wolff On The Prowl--- image that I had created in XaraX but the thing won't go. I am obviously not a programmer and don't know about HTML and was just looking for a simple way to maybe have it auto generated so I could just copy/paste it into my signature box in MyPop area.

Can anyone help me here??? It might even get me more motivated to do my web page if I can get over one small hurdle and maybe this is it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks so much

PS: the signature I am using right now is the text version. As seen below [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hey all,

I have a question to any one that knows HTML. I wanted to do a fancy shmancy signature and wanted to be able to use HTML to do it right. I tried using PhotoImpact to export the image of:

---Wolff On The Prowl--- image that I had created in XaraX but the thing won't go. I am obviously not a programmer and don't know about HTML and was just looking for a simple way to maybe have it auto generated so I could just copy/paste it into my signature box in MyPop area.

Can anyone help me here??? It might even get me more motivated to do my web page if I can get over one small hurdle and maybe this is it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks so much

PS: the signature I am using right now is the text version. As seen below [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I think what you have to do is put in something like this into the sig field in your profile:

[pre][IMG]http://www.*****.com/stuff/signature.jpg[/IMG] [/pre]

Forget the PRE tags - I had to use them to get the other part to display. That is, put in the IMG SRC tag with the URL of where the image is located. You can post the image to the test forum. When it displays right-click on it (Windows) and have its properties display. You will see the URL of where the infopop server stores the image. It can be copied to your clipboard for pasting.

I hope if you are going to do such a thing with your sig, that the image is tiny. IMHO such images are distracting. For instance - it is bad enough that I've included my site's url in my sig on thousands of posts. I'm sure it would have really been a drag if all those posts featured my site's logo.

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on June 11, 2002 at 20:14.]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

What can I say, I'm a fast learner....thanks Ross!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp...2209&ImgType=0
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

You using iMira or you have a web space all set up???

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I created my signature in Illustrator, because it has some neat *shaped* vector brushes that make the writing look calligraphic. It took awhile to get it right using a mouse, and I sure wished that I had one of those Wacom tablets. I'm also glad my name isn't a long one, like Alexander, or Cornelius. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] My sig is less that one k in size, since I saved it as a gif with only 4 colors.

Did you make yours in Xara? It's pretty cool. Maybe I'll try something a bit more colorful one of these days. I just wanted to somewhat duplicate my own handwriting, and I like the way it came out; my own handwriting looks far worse than this one! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I used to add this signature by hand to every post, and I got tired of it and stopped. Thanks for inspiring me to put it in my profile. That's so much easier!

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on June 11, 2002 at 21:09.]

and your right, loads fast and is pleasing to the eye [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nice work!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

That's the first compliment I've gotten on my site from any of the members here. I don't include a link in my signature because I don't have much of a portfolio to show off. I do like my own site, though.

I tried to keep my site simple and to the point. Unfortunately I haven't done enough sites to make my portfolio very large, and I have learned so much I want to rebuild every site I've done so far! The first site was so basic, it looks awful to me now.

But I like my own site just fine. The Flash version was done in Swish, and I tried to keep the animation minimal, and have all animation stop after the page is loaded. I really like the way the Flash version looks and acts.

I especially like the glass-looking buttons. I made the glass look in a little program called Z-Paint, and imported it and made the buttons in Photoshop. I've tried to duplicate the effect in Xara, but no luck so far. The transparency has to be just right for the lettering to show through.
    I'd like to make them vector, because they are the only bitmap items on my pages except the portfolio jpg's. I'd like to make my Flash version scalable to the browser, but the buttons get all distorty when I resize the browser and the Flash movie resizes with it.

- Lewis Carroll

I created the sig in XaraX. It is a font called "Fairy ScrollDisplay" and to look at it it looks a little busy but when it's had a bevel added to it (1 point) it becomes more fleshed out. I used it a while back to put the little Goddess saying under "The Fairy Goblet" piece that I did for the unfinished painting that I was working on restoring. After I had used it for that I fell in love with the font. Kinda goes with me anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (pagan gay guy) so what can I say [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm surprised that no one in here has seen your site [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] That's really strange. I think it's really nifty and it DOES load fast and I like all the elements of it. AND so what if you don't have tons to show in your portfolio, the sites that you did do are wonderfully done and your a talented, imaginative man so you desearve the praise and more work!!!!

Dude, you only get the work if you put yourself out there. What is only 2 can be 20 if you put that link out there as many places as you can be seen!!! I know, I've been in the hair business for over 20 years and you don't get busy by sitting around praying, it's allot word of mouth but that happened for me when I was in the business for no less than 10 years, then I fired a few clients that were pains in the asses and went on and have a very high profile reputation in my area. Of course with the HIV I've had to slow down quite a bit but new clients are still banging down the door.

I honestly believe that every business has those elements in common. Put your self out there, build your self up, taking on who ever you can, get to a point where you can pick and choose your clientelle then your on easy street, your always going to have folks saying good things about your work. But one word of advice, DON'T stop bettering yourself. You get lax you get what you get, which is usually folks noticing and taking their business elsewhere!!! I know your a creative type and your push yourself to learn and continue to learn so that isn't anything I'm concerned about for you. It's getting yourself out there more!!

You desearve the expossure and the work!!!!

My friendly rant/advice column is finished for the night! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Have a good one, man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---