Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: What Fun!

I have never tried the animated gif part of Xara and it is a hoot! I can see a cool computer project coming on for my grandkids. Before I put my sig in place, what does everyone think a reasonable file size for the sig should be? What I have done is just under 6KB. Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have never tried the animated gif part of Xara and it is a hoot! I can see a cool computer project coming on for my grandkids. Before I put my sig in place, what does everyone think a reasonable file size for the sig should be? What I have done is just under 6KB. Here it is.

I love your sig design!!! Very cool!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] As mentioned before by others this could be a very fun challenge for others who may be interested. I'm not sure what the KB limit should be...the smaller the better naturally, but I think yours is reasonable in size...plus you can choose when or when not to use it...but I don't think a few KB in size would be an issue. I love your sig!!! Hope we see some more tried! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=3121905805
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weldorman:
    Before I put my sig in place, what does everyone think a reasonable file size for the sig should be?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As small as possible *if* the file's been attached (as you've done) to TalkGraphics (because of the forced reloads). A little larger should be possible if you're linking to some other webspace (because that'll allow caching), but can't see much of a problem with 6K either way unless these animated sigs keep becoming more popular!

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

Maya and Peter Thank you for your input. I altered my first gif and got it down under 5KB. Ya'll have a nice day.

Mike

[This message was edited by weldorman on June 13, 2002 at 12:35.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Maya has correctly pointed out that it is easy to choose between having your sig appear or not.

What do you folks think about the idea of limiting yourselves to just including your graphic sigs to once per forum thread page? I think they typically default to a second page after about 19 replys (ie 20 postings per page). Hit that second page & include the sig again if you are so inclined.

By being self-limiting in your inclusion of them, you save the folks who don't really like them from having to tolerate quite so many. No mater how nice you make them it could become tiresome to many after seeing them over and over and over and over... (you get the idea)

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Reasonable Ross to the rescue!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I don't imagine too many will create sigs---but then again, who knows!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain