Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Happy 2003!!! And thank you for your patience.

The Xara Xone 2003

Featured Artist - Steve Newport

The January Xara X Tutorial

2003 Guest Tutorial Page

The Tip of this Week

Fills and Brushes

Click Here to keep the Xara Xone near the top of the Top Sites list.

Comments are most welcome.

And now I am going to sleep for 48 hours [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	january2002_promo.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	19940  

Happy 2003!!! And thank you for your patience.

The Xara Xone 2003

Featured Artist - Steve Newport

The January Xara X Tutorial

2003 Guest Tutorial Page

The Tip of this Week

Fills and Brushes

Click Here to keep the Xara Xone near the top of the Top Sites list.

Comments are most welcome.

And now I am going to sleep for 48 hours [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

This desearves *5* Stars, for sure!! The new look is fabulous, reminds me a bit of ius (am I typing that right, it's been so long! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

The zone looks great, lots of new material, Steve Newport should be honored as one of the best artists that has ever combined Xara and a mouse and keyboard. And he's nice to boot!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Fan for life, thanks Steve for allowing us to admire in awe your works of art, truly amazing!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Lots of stuff to look over here so I'm signing off, but not before I wish you, Gary, a very Happy and Prosperous New Year and THANKS for all the diligent and passionate work that you do for us all and Xara Ltd. You wouldn't do if you didn't like it and I'm glad you like it!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks Gary!!! Xara Xone is back in action!!

Did you say sleep? Well, go ahead; you deserve it ;-)

I'll be too busy creating stereograms, looking at Steve's gallery images, playing with XPal, etc, etc.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Gary for all your hard work putting together the much improved site.

Had a close look at Steve's work in the featured artist section. Just teriffic for such a young man who lives such a full life. I have seen most of them before but to see them all together makes me think I will never be able achieve what he has done. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] The Corvette and is background is just tremendios.

Well done Steve [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Design is thinking made visual.

Steve, my hat's off to you! Thoroughly enjoyable. I commend you for reaching this level of Xarability [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] . I can appreciate the effort and patience you had to have to do what you do at this point. You will soon become a full fledged adult... please don't let that stop you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !

Thanks to Xara LTD for keeping the faith in da Xone - and to Mr Priester for his years of contribution motivated by an unabashed passion for Xara. His efforts shouldn't be taken for granted.

Small note to Gary:
    The link to the download zip file on this page "/jan03/1.html" goes to this address "/jan03/index.html" - instead of the downloadable zip file.

Happy New Year

Wayne

I think the link on the navigation bar is now linked to the Zip file (Custom nav bars are not one of Netobjects best features).

And the GP PopOut file should now be the correct one.

Sorry.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

You rule guys!! (sorry for sounding so inadequately informally ;-)But what can I do, both of you again made an amazing job.

Happy new year!

who see the image back-to-front. The reason is simple, most of these images are meant to be viewed with the eyes looking in parallel at the image, so that each eye focuses upon a slightly different instance of the repeating pattern. I, however, had trouble with double vision many years back, and even now my eyes are happier to cross than to diverge when relaxed, so while my eyes both see a different repeat, my left eye will see the repeat that my right "ought" to be seeing, while my right eye is looking at the repeat that my left eye should be looking at. As a result my brain gets inverted depth cues, so I see the cube from the tutorial as a pyramidal hole in the background.

There are some stereograms that are intended to be viewed by crossing ones eyes, and I see those ones correctly.

I haven't tried it yet, but by reversing the direction of fill of the three faces of the cube, I believe the resulting stereogram would look to me the way that Gary intended.

http://www.simsmj.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/weesig.gif
    Just chugging away...
    Mike Sims

I sure do like the new design and look of it. Keep it up! Lot's of great info and inspirational stuff there too!

Dave

Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.
    Pablo Picasso

Please feel free to visit Dave's Renderosity Gallery