Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

1. it'd be nice to customise some more shortcut keys. at the moment i have right mouse button set to shift-click so it's the same as artworks, which was the start of xara. but now i can't get any context menus at all as far as i can tell. the "mneu" button to the right of the right-hand start key doesn't seem to do anything.
    on that note, why isn't the middle button customisable? if i could set that to bring up the pop-up menu it'd be identical to artworks. then again, i'm getting used to using it as the push tool.

2. middle button as the push tool has reminded me that artworks had a really useful function where you held down alt and you were temporarily on the pointer tool. when you let go you went back to whatever tool you were using before that. very very useful, more useful than hitting f2 to get selector and then trying to work out which f-key gives the tool you were just using.

3. could the fill gallery be able to store the user's gradients? i've got a nice chrome effect gradient i often use, and at the moment i have to open a xara file where i've used it and copy attributes over to the other file.

4. when exporting as flash, and then importing the .swf file you get into flash, you have to scale to 133.33% before you get the same pixel size. no idea what's going on here. i can live with it of course but it's not ideal, and it seems like something which would be easy to fix.

1. it'd be nice to customise some more shortcut keys. at the moment i have right mouse button set to shift-click so it's the same as artworks, which was the start of xara. but now i can't get any context menus at all as far as i can tell. the "mneu" button to the right of the right-hand start key doesn't seem to do anything.
    on that note, why isn't the middle button customisable? if i could set that to bring up the pop-up menu it'd be identical to artworks. then again, i'm getting used to using it as the push tool.

2. middle button as the push tool has reminded me that artworks had a really useful function where you held down alt and you were temporarily on the pointer tool. when you let go you went back to whatever tool you were using before that. very very useful, more useful than hitting f2 to get selector and then trying to work out which f-key gives the tool you were just using.

3. could the fill gallery be able to store the user's gradients? i've got a nice chrome effect gradient i often use, and at the moment i have to open a xara file where i've used it and copy attributes over to the other file.

4. when exporting as flash, and then importing the .swf file you get into flash, you have to scale to 133.33% before you get the same pixel size. no idea what's going on here. i can live with it of course but it's not ideal, and it seems like something which would be easy to fix.

Tremendous
    On point 4 you might try my Flash Xar template. It allows for exect pixel exports between Xara & Flash (Caused by the 72 / 96 dpi standards)
    You can find it here
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ah that makes sense. i can see how that could be useful, and have saved it.
    doesn't scaling to 133.33% once in flash produce the same result? doing that would seem to have the advantage that you can see the correct scale as you design (important when deciding on line widths etc).

Check out the tips and tricks in the xone. I am sure I seen something simular to what you asked for in #2

For #3... You could always save an object with your fill and add it to your fill gallery. Then you would not have to remember where the flub you put it... Or if you use it a real lot... Throw it on a background layer in your default template.

#2 Hit the space bar.

Template. Yes it's exactly the same tremendous. The advantage is that a 100 pixel x 160 pixels you can draw it a such in XaraX and it imports into Flash as that size. Therefore the same is true of line widths, altho I avoid them like the plague in Flash due to it's crap line rescaling if you want to animate a drawing.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

space bar!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/redface.gif
    can't believe i've lived without that for so long!

with the template, egg, what you actually see on the screen is a lot more than 100 pixels and so setting out text you'll see bigger than how it'll end up. i suppose i could zoom out, 75% should make it spot on. i'll experiment. if that works it'll be great. but you said bitmaps go wrong somehow?

5. aligning text is a nightmare. i can't vertically align bits of text as some will have descenders, some ascenders, some both, some none. see what i'm getting at?