Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Browser Check

I only have IE6 installed for my browser, so was wondering if someone with a different browser could check out this site I have been working on.
    http://www.sportsmansteamchallenge.com/

Thanks,
    Mike
    IP

I only have IE6 installed for my browser, so was wondering if someone with a different browser could check out this site I have been working on.
    http://www.sportsmansteamchallenge.com/

Thanks,
    Mike
    IP

Hey there weldorman,

Looks fine in navigator 7.2

Quinn
    IP

Hello Mike,

The page looked fine in mozilla and firefox, no major differences. Over all, the page looks fine. The table formating could use a little bit of teaking...

Why is the page tabled out for 800 and you post a message for 1280? Do you like having lots of blank space? It would not be nearly so bad if you didn't make them scroll because of all the ads on the right hand column in the second page. Look at this again please. It cheapens an otherwise professional site.
    IP

Quinn and John, thanks for taking the time to look at this site.

John, thanks for the suggestions and kind word. As you could probably tell from the code if you looked at it, I am still pretty much still a greenhorn at building sites so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks,
    Mike
    IP

Perfectly accessible in Opera 8.

A couple of comments...

Run the text through a spellchecker. At a quick glance, I can see at least 2 errors on the intro page.

Why is it best viewed at 1280 x 1024? It doesn't fill the screen side-to-side, so..?
    IP

brianlj, Thanks for the check in Opera and for the heads-up on the spelling.

As for the "Best viewed at 1280x1024" comment, that is the screen resolution I use and therefore I make up all my graphics to look, what I consider, good at that resolution.At the same time I want anyone still using 800x600 to be able to see the site without any horizontal scrolling. I realize there is vertical scrolling, but IMHO that is not too bad of an issue.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Regards,
    Mike
    IP