Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Host own RSS

Default Host own RSS

Can someone please suggest the best way of inserting an RSS feed on a xara built website?

The feed comes from a WordPress site (part of the website) but needs to be displayed on the xara built part. I have access to the wordpress site also if that makes a difference.

I'd like to know the options for hosting your own RSS feed engine / feed aggrregater / feed generator (? Correct terminology) on your own server. I've been using free online software to generate the code and then insert in a placeholder but mostly they will insert adverts into the feed they create since they are free and they also seem unreliable.

Does anyone have suggestions please? is there something I can install on my own server to take the feed from the wordpress site and generate the code for the WD site? Many thanks

Default Re: Host own RSS

I'll start by saying I have never played with a RSS feed so insert your usual generic disclaimer here.

If you have access to cPanel on your server, Softaculous has 8 RSS feeds and kindly offers to install them for you.
    Gragarious
    Tiny Tiny RSS
    Feed On Feeds
    Selfos
    SimplePie
    Miniflux
    Reader Self