Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I'm new to Xara so please excuse imbecilic questions...

I did the glass dice tutorial and the molds worked fine.

Now every time I try to apply a mold to an object the fill disappears as soon as I hit the mold type button on the info bar... Even going back to the glass dice tutorial I can't make it work.

Is there some setting I've inadvertantly set that might cause this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom Madden

Tom

Does this happen if you close Xara and then reopen it and start a new drawing?

It sounds like you may have accidentially made transparency a default.

If you close Xara and then reopen Xara and start a new drawing, it should go away. If it does not, then try closing Xara and shutting down and restarting your computer.

If this does not work, let us know and we will see what else we can do.

These things happen.

For some reason, the other day I was doing something using the Spheres brush. Whenever I created a rectangle, for some reason the rectangle had a tiny spheres brush outline. I tried everything I could to make it go away and nothing worked. (I just started using Windows XP and I have a new computer with a new video card and this may have had something to do with what was happening).

What was even stranger, was when I tried to combine shapes > add shapes with some converted text, the text became transparent. When I looked at the text in Outline view, the text was all bulbous and blobby.

I shut down Xara, and rebooted my computer, and the problem went away.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Thanks Gary.

I tried all your suggestions to no avail... I finally deinstalled reinstalled and that fixed it at least so far -- until I set whatever I set again.

It's interesting to hear XP still has the memory leaks I wrestle with daily using 98. Every couple of hours (especially doing graphics) everything goes South and I have to reboot to reinitialize and revitalize before I can continue. Oh well, I won't waste my money for a couple more years...

Thanks again.
    Tom [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]