Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Alternatives

I think it would be better to have the option of choosing the bitmap program of choice to work with Xara rather than the incomplete XPE.

I find it to be okay at best. I find myself wishing for more of Photoshop's image adjustment tools.

I realize that this software is for beginners, but for Pros, it's not reliable enough as of yet.

This probably belongs in bug reporting, but when I choose to enhance (CTRL-E) within XPE, sometimes the controls don't show up. The only way to make them appear is to save everything I'm working on, close down Xara and reopen the file again. After working on something for any length of time, the controls disappear again and I have to repeat this process. This is a huge time drain especially if you're working big files on a deadline.

I'm all for having light and easy to use software, but for those of us who use Photoshop, please give us the option to use it from within Xara, rather than being stuck with software that is not completely ready for public release.

I'm working on an assignment now that has a lot of photography involved. In addition, I'm dealing with Canon RAW files. They don't come into Xara properly and I am forced to use Photoshop. So if I am forced to use Photoshop, please let me do so within the bitmap gallery. There is too much that XPE cannot do and is not designed to do to make it practical. It's not yet reliable, but if I want to stay within Xara, I am forced to use it.

Please give it some consideration.
    Sheff
    My Site

Sheff

John Horn (covoxer) has come up with a dandy plug-in that goes a lot farther and provides some of Photoshop's features such as clone brush, levels and saturation adjustment, brushes and more.

He posted an announcement in the Xara X1 Conference this morning but I see the post is gone. So either he is not ready to annouce or someone killed the thread.

At any rate, John's app, when it's ready, will be available in the Xara Xone Shareware Page.

Gary

The announcement topic was in New Gear when I found it.

But it has been moved again... Right when I was trying to post to it.

Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows...

It has been shifted to the main XaraX1 page
    Jon