Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ross..

You had mentioned that my Xara post should have been here. Like I said before as far as Xara was concerned, I have downloaded the evaluation version and I was trying to get my type to get that arch-like shape like you did with your "cover" (and like Jen did with his example from the 3D gallery). I can't seem to get this version to do anything! I will appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks for your time.

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on February 03, 2002 at 12:11.]

Ross..

You had mentioned that my Xara post should have been here. Like I said before as far as Xara was concerned, I have downloaded the evaluation version and I was trying to get my type to get that arch-like shape like you did with your "cover" (and like Jen did with his example from the 3D gallery). I can't seem to get this version to do anything! I will appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks for your time.

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on February 03, 2002 at 12:11.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I'm busy with a major work-related deadline and can't help right now. I'll be back to this thread on the weekend. (If anyone else can help in the meantime - it would be great).

Bye the way "Jens" is male. It isn't Jen as in Jenny, but rather Jens as in Yens.

To make your entry in Xaradom as smooooth as possible, please do go visit Gary Preister's the XaraXone website devoted to things Xara. Once there, check out the webxeolot pages - they contain what has become a comprehensive online manual. Be sure to check out Gary's many tutorials - with Gary's help you will be a Xara God in no time!

Also note there is a Xara Gallery Forum here at Talkgraphics.com in addition to this the main xara forum.

And last but not least - Please let me welcome you to the Xara community. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hi RJ,

Welcome to the Xara X forum.

While we wait for Ross to meet his deadline and get back to the wonderful world of Xara, you can check out Gary W. Priester's WebXealot #21 to see how the Mould Tool can be used to get that arch you're looking for. The Mould Tool specific information begins on page 4 of the WebXealot.

Check out this thread for link to Tony Robert's Mould Madness tutorial.

If you need more help, please ask.

Soquili

[This message was edited by Soquili on January 31, 2002 at 18:41.]

[This message was edited by Soquili on January 31, 2002 at 18:50.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mouldexamp.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	3348  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Soquili is right that the mould tool can be used to create arched text. When you are playing with the mould tool note that applying it to a entire word isn't the only possibility. You might find it more controlled if you have each letter of your word as an independant object - and then mould each individually.

Earlier today I posted a minitutorial relating to a text effect. You might find it interesting. Find it here.

I often start my xara play with text objects that I then manipulate. The result is I've explored many ways of creating unusual text effects with Xara. Here are a few links to threads you might find of interest:

contour-related effects,
    cut outs,
    transparent png's put to work,
    more on transparent bitmaps as fills for text,
    stained glass as a text effect,
    carved stone thread,
    and don't miss this one - Perhaps the all-time greatest thread: gel effects!.

Anyways I hope this has been of some help to you.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on February 03, 2002 at 12:44.]

Ross,

Thanks a lot for the tutorials. I plan to print and try these tutorials out. Thanks again.

RJ