Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

for the tip Gary. These are lovely images in the CDRom

Q

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary W. Priester:

In the ClipArt Gallery there are two folders, Xara Demonstration Folders I & II.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary,
    I have just received my XaraX CD set, and I've looked carefully but cannot see any folders by those names.
    Could you clarify?
    What I did find was a *staggering* number of folders with images, declared as 'Clipart'.
    Normally I associate the word 'clipart' with rather tacky (mostly) GIFs or WMFs which nobody wants to use ... But these images look to me like lovely original Xara creations. I could only think of using them as study material - what else can they be meant for?
    And no "license" or "readme" to go with them.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I would have preferred some kind of written warning that the images are all copyrighted and to use them only to study and learn from the techniques, but who am I, eh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we know who you are [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Any chance that Xara Ltd could give a bit more info about all this ... I hesitate to use the word 'Clipart' ...! ?

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

My Dear Ms. Bat

Perhaps you are going about this the wrong way.

Here is how I would do it.

Open the Clip Art Galleria

Press Disc Fills

Xara takes a peak in your CD drive to see if the Xara X CD is installed there.

If so, Xara presents a load of clip art folders (perhaps this is what you were talking about?)

Just press Add

Xara will add all the folders and their icons to your hard drive where they will be available in the Clip Art Gallery.

If there are folders in the Clip Art Gallery that you feel are useless, delete them. They still remain on your CD, just not taking up space in your Clip Art Gallery

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Don't want this to sink to the bottom too fast after all the time I spent on the Xone :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary W. Priester:
    Open the Clip Art Galleria

Press Disc Fills
    [...]

Xara will add all the folders and their icons to your hard drive where they will be available in the Clip Art Gallery.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dear Mr. Tutorialmeister,

thank you, but I figured out a long time ago how to add gallery folders [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I *do* in fact have the 2 folders you mentioned - the confusion arose because in this instance I simply copied all the folders straight from the CD onto my hard drive, and there are no folders named "Demonstration Folders". What Xara have done is put those two folders inside a folder called "Xara2" (on my hard drive).
    Heh - I should've checked in the Gallery, instead of on my hard drive. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I *do* in fact have the 2 folders you mentioned - the confusion arose because in this instance I simply copied all the folders straight from the CD onto my hard drive, and there are no folders named "Demonstration Folders". What Xara have done is put those two folders inside a folder called "Xara2" (on my hard drive).
    Heh - I should've checked in the Gallery, instead of on my hard drive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad it all worked out, Ms. Bat

The Tute-meister

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone