Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My fellow Xealots

I'm willing to investigate setting up a subscription WebXealot Newsletter and with a little help from our more technical Xealots, a new independent XaraXone. As I mentioned in another thread, Xara Ltd. will continue to fund the Trompe L'Oeil Room tutorials and has volunteered to provide free server space on their new server. But your editor and webmaster (that's me) needs some compensation so I can afford the enormous feed bill for the five cats, finch and canary.

But first I need to know how many readers would be interested in subscribing and how much you would be willing to pay per month on a six month or one year subscription. (Remember, you get what you pay for [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Please only vote once (unless you have decided to pay more). If it looks as though there is enough support, I'll start figuring out how to get this off the ground.

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

My fellow Xealots

I'm willing to investigate setting up a subscription WebXealot Newsletter and with a little help from our more technical Xealots, a new independent XaraXone. As I mentioned in another thread, Xara Ltd. will continue to fund the Trompe L'Oeil Room tutorials and has volunteered to provide free server space on their new server. But your editor and webmaster (that's me) needs some compensation so I can afford the enormous feed bill for the five cats, finch and canary.

But first I need to know how many readers would be interested in subscribing and how much you would be willing to pay per month on a six month or one year subscription. (Remember, you get what you pay for [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Please only vote once (unless you have decided to pay more). If it looks as though there is enough support, I'll start figuring out how to get this off the ground.

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Are choices in your poll per Year or per Month?

it says per month. I think the range is fair, because this is similar to a magazine subscription. Personally I'm interested to see what comes of this. I think it is a great idea. I'd rather see the Street Performers Protocol tested, but that's just because I like good experiments...

Nathan Heagy
    <HR>
    Blow Your Beef Away
    Cow Comics!
    Founder and Lead Designer at Amuses Me Games.
    Apple fanboy with much nostalgia for Xara. @nheagy on twitter

I see the point of the street performer. If you set up a subscription the general public is kept out. Really, nobody is going to throw you off the planet if you make $30.00 off every xara x sold on the xaraxone. that would be worth 6 months subscription... and I'm sure xara will have yearly upgrades from now on if they want to compete. As you have stated before the real advantage of xara is the fact that you can get all this help on the xaraxone.

Vote !!!

Gary
    I'm sure like many other forum users I missed your original posting of this poll, and had to search through old postings to find it. I think you ought to make it a top priority posting such that it sits on top of the forum listings so no one misses it

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If I can figure out how to keep it at the top, I will. In theory, it's possible.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>

[This message was edited by Chris Dickman -- i/us on October 06, 2000 at 12:41 AM.]

The low tech way is to add a Hello World message, like this one.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>

You can't tell me that there are only 62 people out there who have gained from Garry's tutorials and help! The techniques he has taught me are invaluable and the tutorials have definately shortened the learning curve for me.