Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I noticed that the Quick Viewer included on the Xara X CD install 0k on to my hard drive.

On top of that, there is no link to get to the application.

Is this still just the 1.5 browser plug in or is there another application included?

Sheff
    Sheff
    My Site

Keeper,

I apologize for my misleading directions--I've been using versions of the beta for long enough that I've forgotten which features are new. Version 1.52 uses only the internal text viewer; The last four or five betas include the HTML viewer based on the IE engine. These betas are available to anyone, not just designated beta testers.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm using beta 1.6 v7, which has all the features I've described. This is an extremely stable beta, and can be downloaded by anyone <A HREF="http://www.altap.cz/download.html#salbeta" TARGET=_blank>
    here</A>. It does expire at the end of the month, at which time an adware and a $15 adfree version will be available. I absolutely trust these guys to either make the deadline or issue a new beta with a later expiration.

If you install that beta--a very quick and trouble-free install--pull down the options menu, choose "configuration", and click on the "viewers" item. At that point you can follow my earlier directions:

=================
    There should already be a line in the Salamander viewer configuration for "Internet Explorer Viewer (plug-in)" with extensions you want to view using this plug-in. I edited this line as follows:

*.htm;*.html;*.doc;*.jpg;*.gif;*.xar;*.xls
    =================
    and the viewer should work as I described it. Again, I'm sorry for the confusion of my earlier information.

Oh, and you don't double click to use the viewer; you press "F3". Double clicking opens the file in it's default application, like the standard Window Explorer.

james

[This message was edited by James Riemermann on January 31, 2001 at 11:58 AM.]
    ============================================
    James Riemermann
    MN Office of Tourism
    james.riemermann@state.mn.us

For travel info: www.exploreminnesota.com
    ============================================