Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Stuffed animals

Just playing around with the idea.

Just playing around with the idea.

WOW! Terrific plush texture, Mike! It really looks wonderful. Was ZB your choice for the fur here/displacement map? Looks like the kind of plush used on a Steiff plush animal! I've had some ZB results which made me think it could work for this -- but you have achieved really great results here! Right on!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks Maya, its ZB fiber material, no displacement.

Here is another one, just goofing around with a cloth texture and the fibers, the geometry is slighly displaced.

I'm gonna have a go at making a realistic one soon. Don't know if I can pull it off?

These new ones really look like actual fabric! I've seen some sorts of upholstery materials that looks like this with the nap and sheen -- looks great! If you want the stuffed animal to really look "sewn" maybe adding a few sewing seams might add to the realism? Just a thought. They look great "as is" too!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

THAT'S what the Mil Tiger looks good as, a plush toy!! Finally someone did it right!!

The first one I like. The second one looks VERY scratchy!!

All the best
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---