Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Please help !. How can I escape this ugly conical fill efect ?
    I want to create a multiple color conical fill, but the result look like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conical.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	5688  

Please help !. How can I escape this ugly conical fill efect ?
    I want to create a multiple color conical fill, but the result look like this.

is to set a 50% flat transparency on the shape, clone it and offset the fill a small amount.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

If you find the two colour conical fill sufficiently smooth maybe you should just stick with using two-colour fills. If you need to introduce more than two colours - clone your first two-colour-filled object, give it transparency, and modify its two colours to suit. Note that if needed you can apply conical transparencies as well as conical fills. (The same object can have both. When you add to the mix the fact that the profiles for both the fill and the transparency can be adjusted - there is an amazing amount of flexibility).

Another option that is a variation of Christine's suggestion is to make the transparent clone and then rather than offset it, adjust the fills 'profile' sliders slightly and it will adjust the locations of the transitional bandings. It is a nice way to do it because you can adjust them interactively. You might find it appropriate to play with the transparency levels too get the results you want.

By the way, on my screen I don't see much difference when I create a two-colour vs. a multi-colour fill. If anything the multi-colour looks smoother - depending on what colours are actually used. Note that a conical fill ranging from white to gray will look smoother than one from white to black because it is not as extreme a shift.

Hope this helps Lucian. Good luck to you!

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>